TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216  Next
hatfulofhollow Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:22 pm

I always enjoyed this thread on the bus forum, i havent seen one on the type 3 (if there is one hiding out there, let me know...)

I finally replaced the hoses on my intake distributor. Painted the intake runners and cleaned/painted my air filter. (While waiting for my new clutch to arrive.)

vwfye Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:44 pm

i pulled the left side head, tore it apart, reinstalled it and then drove it to work the next day! oh wait, that was Tuesday night... sorry. :oops:

kpadams Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:46 pm

I worked under the dash of my 69 Fasty. The wiring was kind of a mess so I tidied that up, removed some old speakers the previous owner had rigged up, and took out the old glove compartment.

kooldub Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:55 pm

picked up my new 1914cc longblock from Painter's Grinding for my fastback. thanks Eddy! 8)

Bobnotch Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Not yesterday, but today I got the correct bearings ordered from Rimco, as Kustom ! hadn't even shipped them yet (been waiting 2 weeks). Hopefully next week I'll be able to start assembling my engine.

beetle08 Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Installed an NOS rear hatch seal for my squareback which I paid the grand total of $0 for. :lol:

hatfulofhollow Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:21 pm

beetle08 wrote: Installed an NOS rear hatch seal for my squareback which I paid the grand total of $0 for. :lol:

Nice-I need a new one for zero doll-hairs too.

my65rhd Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:35 pm

Cleaned my Fuchs then drove it all afternoon. We finally had a sunny day...Kyle

Russ Wolfe Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:39 pm

kooldub wrote: picked up my new 1914cc longblock from Painter's Grinding for my fastback. thanks Eddy! 8)

Get some foam on that oil cooler, before you start putting the tin on.

Air_Cooled_Nut Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:12 pm

Walked by it to get oil for my Jetta.

jays58s Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:21 pm

I re-greased the front wheel bearings, adjusted the front brakes, and found out I need all new tie rod ends and a speedo cable.

RATTRP Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:13 pm

Removed my passenger door to fix the weld for my broken hinge and finished cutting the rust out of my passenger floor pan. I swear... it's always SOMETHING!!! :roll:

notchboy Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:14 pm

Pulled it back into the garage.

tnpanscraper Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Slapped on a set of crusty Empi OG sprint stars....

Firecrusader Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:01 pm

Pulled my wide 5 sprint stars so I could trade for a different wheel combo.

insipid Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:24 pm

Painted the passenger side of my fasty.

dcollin Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:33 pm

finished installing the carpet... stripped down my new header and muffler and now is ready for the POR 20 that is in the mail on the way to my house...

localboy Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:37 pm

I opened the trailer, crawled inside the car and started it. Started and idled just fine. 8) Spring is almost here.

squaretobehip Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:57 pm

i bought the right side choke that i was missing, and locked it open. did the same to the left choke as well. car runs a lot better.

GearheadJim Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:34 am

Well, it was Sunday not yesterday but I'm still kind of giddy about it .... I bought the last set of dropped spindles from Bert. I happened to catch the update on his thread at just the right time that two people backed out of their deals. I was the 3rd person to respond and one of the two in front of me backed out. Usually I'm a day late and a dollar short on these kind of opportunities but in this case spontaneous timing worked in my favor.

Of course I can't actually use the spindles at the moment since my Notch isn't running (need to replace the cracked head) ......
Oh, and I'll need to do that wide 5 disc brake conversion to be able to use the spindles .....

I've finally learned you have to jump on the parts opportunities when they are available because you may never have the opportunity again.