TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 214, 215, 216  Next
PtownVdub Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:22 am

I drove it around.

redbug74 Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:24 am

Installed on friday night the Over the top header and muffler I ordered on Tuesday . Drove it on Sunday. Man! what a cool muffler system.!

bigbussur Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:24 am

Valve adjustment and oil change and drove her.

gixxer 711 Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:12 pm

finally got my wheels blasted, primed and painted!

dcollin Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:40 pm

Got my rivieras back from the polisher a few days ago, got them put on... also got some POR 20 in the mail and painted my new header and muffler, letting it sit over night then gona do the second coat tomorrow then hopefully i can get it all put on and drive it

ibjack Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:13 pm

Today I had Pedro himself install a Pedro's Accessories full length rack and he also helped me fix a problem I couldn't figure out with my from end. Thanks Pete!!!!!!!

BrianD Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:22 pm

I spent 4 hours scraping old tinting from both door windows, not fun, but what an improvement!

DONGKG Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:26 am

Yes, you are right. Classic vee-dubs are better off without this ugly tint. I was planning of removing the tint of our '72 bay bus too!

kpadams Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:27 am

chachagua wrote: I spent 4 hours scraping old tinting from both door windows, not fun, but what an improvement!

I did the same thing two weeks ago on the side glass and back window of my fasty. Once I had the right tool (long handled scrapper with a razor blade on the end) it wasn't too bad. It made the car look much better. I even took my DAP when I was done and polished the windows. Looks pretty good now.

tnpanscraper Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:24 pm

Drove it to the gas station....Found another leak in the tank...Yay....

BrianD Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:15 pm

kpadams wrote: chachagua wrote: I spent 4 hours scraping old tinting from both door windows, not fun, but what an improvement!

I did the same thing two weeks ago on the side glass and back window of my fasty. Once I had the right tool (long handled scrapper with a razor blade on the end) it wasn't too bad. It made the car look much better. I even took my DAP when I was done and polished the windows. Looks pretty good now.

How did you get the tint off the back window without damaging the defroster wires? ---Installed new visors today.

DHPfirefighter Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:20 pm

Finished the welding of the new beam.

Mike Fisher Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:35 pm

chachagua wrote: kpadams wrote: chachagua wrote: I spent 4 hours scraping old tinting from both door windows, not fun, but what an improvement!

How did you get the tint off the back window without damaging the defroster wires? ---Installed new visors today.

The defroster wires are ALL so worn on Type 3's they never work anymore! One little missing bit ruins the circuit. If yours works it's 1 in 1,000?

hatfulofhollow Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:17 pm

Got the clutch disc, plate, t/o bearing and sleeve in from CIP1. Put it all together, took it off the stands, popped out the windows and drove it around in the 54 degree weather \:D/

sharkskinman Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:51 pm

started to replace the fuel lines
pulled fuel tank and cleaned up the trunk
attempted* to put pop outs in
took pics of set of mirrors for possible sale

Planned my next move....

i have a defroster

how would i test it with out fog on the window

kpadams Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:32 am

chachagua wrote: kpadams wrote: chachagua wrote: I spent 4 hours scraping old tinting from both door windows, not fun, but what an improvement!

I got it started at the top with the scrapper and was able to pull it off.

insipid Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 am

tuned my dual webers and drove my fasty for the first time..

sharkskinman Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:53 pm

-put my pop outs and rear windows in...(by myself)
they have seals but am expecting storm so i duct taped them temporarily

-mounted front bumper...(not bolted just sitting)
and realized PO must of ripped the rear bumper off because the studs of the bolts are still there on the driverside

-cleaned out fuel tank..(NO RUST AT ALL!)

-swept out junk out of the back
and took pics of rust
(mainly in the rear cargo area)

-cleaned her out and put all the random hardware(not much) in a box
there are bolts missing Everywhere
fenders, dach, bumpers......etc...

Slowlow Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:11 pm

Almost wrapped up wiring AND finally sat the body on the pan.
8)

tnpanscraper Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:56 pm

Greased the front end and installed a new fuel tank...