TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 214, 215, 216  Next
Frizzy Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:57 pm

abqfirefighter wrote: Finished the welding of the new beam.

First off, love the cart for your EU3000.
Second, drove it for the first time under its own power around the block twice. Runs awesome.

Russ Wolfe Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:11 pm

I checked mine, and the tires are all still up on 2 of them. Can't say how the batteries are after winter storage outside. May try them this weekend if the weather is decent.
The Baja Bug fired right up. and it sits out with engine exposed. But it has a flat tire.

Mike Fisher Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:23 am

sharkskinman wrote: -put my pop outs and rear windows in...(by myself)
they have seals but am expecting storm so i duct taped them temporarily

-mounted front bumper...(not bolted just sitting)
and realized PO must of ripped the rear bumper off because the studs of the bolts are still there on the driverside

-cleaned out fuel tank..(NO RUST AT ALL!)

-swept out junk out of the back
and took pics of rust
(mainly in the rear cargo area)

-cleaned her out and put all the random hardware(not much) in a box
there are bolts missing Everywhere
fenders, dach, bumpers......etc...

I'm figuring your popouts finally went in Right after you took off some or all of the black plastic from the hooks?

gixxer 711 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:19 am

abqfirefighter wrote: Finished the welding of the new beam.

looks like you are going to run shocks? which shocks, link pin type? what does the narrow end up being with keeping shock towers? wanna build another? :wink:

Mike Fisher Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:33 am

It would seem to me that shocks wouldn't be needed with air bags.

gixxer 711 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:39 am

Mike Fisher wrote: It would seem to me that shocks wouldn't be needed with air bags.

that is not a bag beam, it is an adjustable beam.

Slowlow Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:01 am

Im guessing that's a 4" Beam... but I have no idea for certian.
I just finished a 5" For a guy in TX.

gixxer 711 Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:07 am

Slowlow wrote: Im guessing that's a 4" Beam... but I have no idea for certian.
I just finished a 5" For a guy in TX.

hey sam. ya i was curious what he ended up with, since i had asked you about doing one with shocks.

FASTBACKDON Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:18 pm

I did nothing for it yesterday but today I did. I fixed the water pump on my truck and took the Fastback off of its daily driver status.
Today I am putting it on jack stands and gonna finish finding the sticky caliper problem and then clean the once nicly polished rims. Beginning to get to the little things so I can hang at classics with Mark and the rest of you all who make classics. P.S. Mark dont forget I owe you that beer at classics.

ibjack Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:01 pm

FASTBACKDON wrote: P.S. Mark dont forget I owe you that beer at classics.

FBD, remember also that you and I are on KP duty for Sunday.

djsun Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:28 pm

Mike Fisher wrote: It would seem to me that shocks wouldn't be needed with air bags.

If he was running air bags, the bags replace the torsion bars not the shocks.
The airbags act as a spring so you still need shocks to dampen the oscillation although different people have different opinions weather or not you "need" them.

kooldub Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:16 am

with closing on my first house next week, i had to do my 68 fasty interior on a low budget. but for my first try, i thought it came out pretty good. 8) next will be assembly of the 1914 motor.

abgwin Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:34 am

minor stuff yesterday. started the Ghia up, no problem.

pulled all the fuses when I realized I had never taken my own advice, so used the Dremel to polish all the contacts clean, hit 'em with dielectric and fresh correct fuses all around. Much brighter lights!

also got the repro all-red rear lens installed, which was a lot more difficult than it should have been. the PoP repro gasket is not a perfect fit and doesn't stay in place to let you get the lens on easily. realized i need a lens-carrier-to-body seal.

messed with the foglight relay (as documented on my thread) with no satisfactory results.

pulled the passenger seat to start the pan painting process so i can get as much of the carpet set in place before next Tuesday.

kpadams Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:09 am

I organized the wiring under the dash It was hanging out all over the place. Looks much better now. I also noticed the driver seat no longer is adjustable frontward or backward. I'm going to have to pull it out and see what the &^% is going on down there.

kpadams Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:17 pm

I got my new title back from the state today and ordered 4 new 165/15 tires.

djsun Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:45 pm

I'm thinking even with a narrowed beam if you lower it it will rub. I'm not sure anyone has tried it?

MOCHABILL Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:59 pm

:D
Went to MVA and got new historic plates. Officially legal now.

Also fabbed some mounting plates for 3 belt retracting seat belts,worked on the carpets install also this week.

Regards,Bill

Bobnotch Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:59 pm

Plugged the battery in, and fired up the71 Notch. The ground was still hard, but that's ok, as it cuts down on the mud spray. At least it got up to 50 today. I'll try and get the 65 Notch up later Sunday (had a dead battery when I tried Saturday). At least the 71 started and moved on it's own. Gotta love that FI. 8)

Russ Wolfe Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:49 pm

I went out, and both Fastbacks fired right up after I primed the fuel system.
They have been sitting since last November.

Waited for that squeel, as the air went through the pressure regulator.
Hit the starter, and they both fired.

The 69 has a flat tire. I will air that tomorrow.

RennyRB Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:18 pm

I became fairly irritated with my Square today.

I wanted to put my new jackpoint-to-floorjack adaptor thingy to good use while adjusting my clutch and rear brakes, only to find my car would not start. Push started it and it works, but no sign of life when turning the key... Guessing it's the switch, don't really know.