Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1983.5 Westfalia pop top tent staple type installation photos
Photo link: Forum code:
1983.5 Westfalia pop top tent staple type installation photos
Author Photo
plummerdesign
Samba Member

Photos: 156

1983.5 Westfalia pop top tent staple type installation photos Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:45 am     Views: 97      Rating: Not rated

Work continued once the Surebonder 9600A Pneumatic Stapler arrived this week. I found that it drove the staples home without damaging the plastic strip if set to 60psi at the air compressor regulator. A great, light and easy to handle air tool for sure.
This tool will come in handy when recovering the bench seat in OEM Westfalia material.
Another note: Because I had removed the cabinets and bed board it allowed 100% standing access to replace the staple-type pop top tent with the roof still on the vehicle. If I would have had to work in the confined area toward the back in normal circumstances, that roof would be upside down on two sawhorses in the garage for sure!
Next step is to finish the skylight installation and attach the pop-top tent at the bottom. The roof restoration will be at a place where the pop top lift bar and latch can go for media blasting in preparation for refinishing.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter

All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2018, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB