Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What air filter system is this?
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Westy Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:29 am    Post subject: What air filter system is this? Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I was watching a YouTube video about some kind of west coast, Porsche 914 event, and I saw this air filter system. It looks like it’s mounted on top of a weber progressive carb. Does anybody have any detail about it? What is it called? Does it look like it fits on top of a weber progressive as I suspect?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: What air filter system is this? Reply with quote

that is some v8 conversion into a 914 so who knows! probably home made
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: What air filter system is this? Reply with quote

Its a version of this - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-64280 . Fits a 4 barrel carb. Tom
Manxter #16, 1968 Meyers Manx & Kick-Out SS #16 (WIP)
Manx Club & CVA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Westy Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: What air filter system is this? Reply with quote

Interesting. I wonder if it would fit on top of the weber progressive, and if someone sells a cheaper version. I sheepishly have to admit that I didn’t even notice that the engine in my picture was not a 914 engine. The video didn’t state what it was, and only showed it for a few seconds, and it didn’t occur to me that it would be anything, but a 914 engine. But it sure is a nifty looking air filter for the progressive carb.
Root_Werks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: What air filter system is this? Reply with quote

I think the V8 guys only use that setup because there is limited room under the engine lid. Looking closer at it, sheese, the intakes are right over the headers = nice hot air.

You're progressive carb should have plenty of room for a good filter setup.
Kafer_Mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What air filter system is this? Reply with quote

Westy Steve wrote:
Does anybody have any detail about it? What is it called? Does it look like it fits on top of a weber progressive as I suspect?

Here you go -- https://www.spectreperformance.com/98599-spectre-plenum-kit
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: