Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Volkswagen Vehicle Section
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ezytroopy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:25 am    Post subject: Volkswagen Vehicle Section Reply with quote

Hello all. I havent been on this forum for a long time. probably an silly question, but which section should i be using? I have just recovered a September 1957 beetle (big back window). I guess it would be the same as the 58 on as it has not got an oval window.
Cheers in advance
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Volkswagen Vehicle Section Reply with quote

Beetle 1958-1967

You might find it’s a split pan and body in which case you might need to play in the pre 1957

You can buy a ticket that covers both Fora here , though!

Very Happy
Puppy67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Volkswagen Vehicle Section Reply with quote

Had a similar dilemma with mine, an August 67 with lots of the "67 only" features, but mostly 68 model year, and a few parts unique to a couple of months of that year. I ended up in Readers rides for the main restoration and use the model year forums for year specific bits. It seems pre 67 aren't interested in the "fat chicks", but the post 68 is mostly supers, so I'm happy surfing the crossover. You may have to do the same, using pre 57 and post 58 depending on what you're after, and choosing post 58, Readers rides, or here for any bigger build thread.

I find similar with the Vintage speed section being 40hp and earlier. Okrasa interest seems limited to the 25/30hp based engines, so the TSV1800 engine I recently found and plan on re-building doesn't fit, but it also doesn't seem to really be big enough for interest in the Performance section.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Volkswagen Vehicle Section Reply with quote

Yes, Beetle - 1958-1967 is the correct area.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkswagen Vehicle Section Reply with quote

If you need help in both Fora there are people who will help, and the ignore function is perfect for those who have dull axes about what car is “kewl”
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: