Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Joe Poty dune buggies
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bikerndiver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:45 pm    Post subject: Joe Poty dune buggies Reply with quote

Does anyone know the years that Joe Poty Enterprises were building dune buggies and, how many did they make?????
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Poty dune buggies Reply with quote

At one time there was some information up on Dune Buggy Archives... (look under BUGGY ID and select "S")

http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/

I had a Joe Poty Sand Rover body for a while, it was built as a auto-X car, but I have no idea what years or how many that were produced....

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
Bikerndiver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Poty dune buggies Reply with quote

Thank you!
Bikerndiver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Poty dune buggies Reply with quote

Dale M. wrote:
At one time there was some information up on Dune Buggy Archives... (look under BUGGY ID and select "S")

I had a Joe Poty Sand Rover body for a while, it was built as a auto-X car, but I have no idea what years or how many that were produced....

Joined over there at DBA... Not the most active site I've ever been on. Hopefully someone may have some info. The site itself had very little info on these bodies.
Thanks for the response!
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Poty dune buggies Reply with quote

Bikerndiver wrote:
Dale M. wrote:

Joined over there at DBA... Not the most active site I've ever been on. Hopefully someone may have some info. The site itself had very little info on these bodies.
Thanks for the response!

At one time (many years ago) is was a awesome site, then it crashed, it never recovered to what it once was... It is so sad because it was a wonderful resource...

All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Poty dune buggies Reply with quote

I just clicked on my link to the Dune Buggy Archives and landed on a different page. "Southside Buggistas". That's weird.

Anyone have any infformation on that? Is the Archives site dead?

Mike T

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Poty dune buggies Reply with quote

BIGMIKEY wrote:
I just clicked on my link to the Dune Buggy Archives and landed on a different page. "Southside Buggistas". That's weird.

Anyone have any infformation on that? Is the Archives site dead?

Mike T

Weird...Got same results.... But if you scroll down from main page it does say its is hosted on Dune Buggy Archives site....

slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Poty dune buggies Reply with quote

I spent a lot of time on that site and we had some really good times. It was a small but very active group and we had some really fun discussions. Then it was like someone flipped a switch and it faded really fast.

I cant even get the forum page to load. Will be sad if all that info is lost
BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Poty dune buggies Reply with quote

It's back. just clicked and there is is again.

Mike T

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
ppilotmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Poty dune buggies Reply with quote

I like it over there but not used much. I am going to start checking it every day for new posts!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: