Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Opening a Bar/Weed shop in Ontario, Canada. Share our thoughts
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Opening a Bar/Weed shop in Ontario, Canada. Share our thoughts Reply with quote

Weed, huh? Laughing You don't have to move to CAnada for that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Nogindrops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Opening a Bar/Weed shop in Ontario, Canada. Share our thoughts Reply with quote

Starting my own weed shop in Ontario has been quite the adventure, with lots to learn and figure out, especially with all the rules and what people like. One big thing I've found really important is to use cool tech to make our stuff stand out and keep things running smoothly. That's why I got into infusion technologies for dispensaries, picking up a neat machine called Jiko. It's really helped us mix different flavors into our pre-rolls in a precise way. The machine uses pressure and heat to get it just right, and it's easy to use with its touchscreen for changing settings. This tech has made a big difference in making sure our products are top-notch and unique, helping us keep up with the competition.

Last edited by Nogindrops on Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Opening a Bar/Weed shop in Ontario, Canada. Share our thoughts Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
I think edibles should not be allowed. Kits see brownies and gummies as candy/food.

I'm an old dude. My mother is 20 years older than I am and in poor health. She relies on 10mg edibles as sleep aids. I made the rounds of the dispensaries in four states to secure the pick of the litter. Best price. Best efficacy.

None of this stuff is for sale to or intended for consumption by minors.

If we're going to ban anything we should ban Deadhead glorification of drug culture.

Part of the licensing arrangement of any bar should be the prospective owner sitting through six months of Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. That takes care of the "I'm not one of those people." excuse. Damn straight you're not one of those people! Those people go to meetings.

Somewhere north of 50% of everyone will have a problem with alcoholism and / or substance abuse in their lifetime. What a great business model! Open a business that caters to alcoholism and substance abuse.

Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Opening a Bar/Weed shop in Ontario, Canada. Share our thoughts Reply with quote

Dusty1 wrote:
Glenn wrote:
I think edibles should not be allowed. Kits see brownies and gummies as candy/food.

I'm an old dude. My mother is 20 years older than I am and in poor health. She relies on 10mg edibles as sleep aids. I made the rounds of the dispensaries in four states to secure the pick of the litter. Best price. Best efficacy.

None of this stuff is for sale to or intended for consumption by minors.

If we're going to ban anything we should ban Deadhead glorification of drug culture.

Part of the licensing arrangement of any bar should be the prospective owner sitting through six months of Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. That takes care of the "I'm not one of those people." excuse. Damn straight you're not one of those people! Those people go to meetings.

Somewhere north of 50% of everyone will have a problem with alcoholism and / or substance abuse in their lifetime. What a great business model! Open a business that caters to alcoholism and substance abuse.

Sounds like you have Gun store ownership and customer best practices figured out. (I’m a gun owner) yet a believer in gun safety and tougher licensing.

In Oregon THC gummies and flower need to be in child proofish containers like other colorful pharmaceuticals from a pharmacy. If mom doesn’t shut the container and kid takes it. Thats on the parents

If a kid takes the gun, thats on the parents.

If Social media is killing kids, is it on Social Media companies to be held responsible? If a kid gets killed by a handgun is the firearm manufacture currently being held responsible?

Not trying to turn it political. Just trying to keep things on an even playing field.
I’m pro firearm and marijuana although I don’t use either of them much.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Opening a Bar/Weed shop in Ontario, Canada. Share our thoughts Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
cbeck wrote:
$30 an ounce? Ho lee fuk.
In mo,a medical card and a ccw don't play nice.

It was that way here until it got amended. Item 1

I found the subject of public consumption more interesting. I’ve not seen anyone smoking it out in the open.

Me neither, but I have noticed an upswing of the aroma in public places, such as in my store, and behind moving cars on the road.

The 'on the road' part bothers me, as does drinking while driving.
Dusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Opening a Bar/Weed shop in Ontario, Canada. Share our thoughts Reply with quote

cbeck wrote:
$30 an ounce? Ho lee fuk.

Close. It's Lee Ho Fuk's. Gonna get a big dish or beef chow mein.

Link

I can be bizarre 24/7, sober.

jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Opening a Bar/Weed shop in Ontario, Canada. Share our thoughts Reply with quote

Weed shops have popped up so fast around here over say the last couple of years. They are now pretty much closing at the same fast pace.

Its just like anything else. Over saturation. The ones that seem to do the best here are the ones near the interstate. They get a LOT of out of state customers
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Opening a Bar/Weed shop in Ontario, Canada. Share our thoughts Reply with quote

jspbtown wrote:
Weed shops have popped up so fast around here over say the last couple of years. They are now pretty much closing at the same fast pace.

Its just like anything jelse. Over saturation. The ones that seem to do the best here are the ones near the interstate. They get a LOT of out of state customers

In Ontario, Canada? Interesting your experience is. Good information

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Opening a Bar/Weed shop in Ontario, Canada. Share our thoughts Reply with quote

Quote:
In Ontario, Canada?

No, in Western Mass.

When the first one opened there had to be police directing traffic they were so busy. On my 30 minute commute to my mothers I go past 5 of them. Generally only a car or two in the lots.

There were 7 along that same commute maybe a year ago.

In Mass you have tight regulations as to where they can be placed and there are state and local taxes as well as "community agreements" that must be entered into. There is alo extensive testing of the products required.

There is also of course the banking obstacles as cannabis might be legal locally it is NOT federally so it cannot use the banking system
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Opening a Bar/Weed shop in Ontario, Canada. Share our thoughts Reply with quote

jspbtown wrote:
Quote:
In Ontario, Canada?

No, in Western Mass.

When the first one opened there had to be police directing traffic they were so busy. On my 30 minute commute to my mothers I go past 5 of them. Generally only a car or two in the lots.

There were 7 along that same commute maybe a year ago.

In Mass you have tight regulations as to where they can be placed and there are state and local taxes as well as "community agreements" that must be entered into. There is alo extensive testing of the products required.

There is also of course the banking obstacles as cannabis might be legal locally it is NOT federally so it cannot use the banking system

Same here in Oregon. The cash on hand, brings in a criminal element. If the feds would remove weed from the schedule 1 list. Maybe the banks could accept funds from the pot shops.
That hasn't happened here to date. So many of the shops have been getting robbed during working hours. Then after open hours, they get broken into for the weed stored in the shops.

Regarding the opening and closing of pot shops here. It appears that there is kind of a corporate element taking over the independent shops.
One of the local ones close to me, recently closed down and is in the process of being remodeled. No word on what or who will fill the empty building.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Opening a Bar/Weed shop in Ontario, Canada. Share our thoughts Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:

I am FAR from an expert on this but I believe that its almost impossible to OD when smoking cannabis but quite easily to do so with edibles.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Opening a Bar/Weed shop in Ontario, Canada. Share our thoughts Reply with quote

Meanwhile in Oklahoma weed keeps getting cheaper. I saw 20 bucks an oz. Some of the shops have gone away but isn’t that to be expected of new business within the first few years. Others continue to thrive and grow(no pun intended)😂
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: