Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Things your van did recently
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Agreed. I converted to tankless a few years ago and wouldn't go back. The inlet and outlet to the heater are supposed to be steel braided flexible hose, very easy to remove and clean if/when needed.

Unlimited hot water is great, but even better is just cranking open the hot and having the perfect 107F water come out.
THE KESZTHELY KID
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Fun in February!
On Saturday I took Beryl my 1980 Snot Green Westy Joker on Britain's highest motorway to collect a good used fuel tank in Leyland, Lancashire.
Along the way we also called into Oldham to collect a portable Fridge for my good bud Sue and her '73 Westy. Sue has never really travelled any distance in Beryl but praised the superior comfort when travelling on motorways compared to her Bay Bus.
The fellow selling the tank was well impressed with Beryls condition which was way about the tin-worm nibbled 1988 Caravelle he was breaking, which donated the tank for Beryl.
Driving back home sue noticed that folk were filming Beryl as she trundled along the motorway. Kids waved too. I usually get this kind of reaction when I drive my Karmann Ghia but never expected this with Beryl.

And best of all we over took a Honda Jazz and a Safeway delivery van on the M62 when going up the long drag towards Scammonden Damn Razz

Daily Driver - 2017 Renault Captur - Automatic
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

More moving of Niece's stuff as she gets closer to moving into our 1st floor fully. Her fish arrive this week, so most of the pre-move stuff has been to gear up for her multiple aquariums. Professional Fish Movers will handle the fish... Laughing Laughing

I'm relieved we don't have to move any Mattresses from her 2nd floor place, just bedframes and smaller stuff this weekend. And boxes, lots and lots of boxes. We take them full, she empties them at our place, then we take the empty boxes back to her current apartment to start the process all over again.... Rolling Eyes
At least the Book Donation runs are over.... Razz Razz Razz Razz

On the Fun side of the weekend, we took our Dog to Dog Beach, weather was warm for early February, and Sunny, so that was a plus during Winter... Cool Cool
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
WillRB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Rough storms came through. Acting mobile command center (work station) including guard dog on duty.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

havenot001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Camping and canoeing on Millerton Lake with Fresno’s Deutschlanders.

Chris

do.dah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

havenot001 wrote:
Camping and canoeing on Millerton Lake with Fresno’s Deutschlanders.

Chris

Growing up, we had a canoe with those bulged out gunwales. Had so much fun with that canoe..
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Acted as guinea pig and reference point for my trailer light project. This began with me buying a hitch for the CR-V so our camper wouldn't have to do all the hard work, but I also needed a trailer light harness for it so bought one of those from etrailer.com and began installing it on the Honda several days ago.

Hit a couple of snags and decided that I'd also swap out the lights on the trailer for a new LED set with harness from Harbor Freight, figuring that since the old set worked with the van, if I could get the new set to work with the van then that would be my baseline and I could continue with the Honda harness. You know how these jobs go; the best analogy I've heard is that you drop a ring down the drain and wind up replumbing that end of the house.

New lights work with the van and the trailer is back together but the Honda is not. I have to work the primary tomorrow so the Honda fun will have to wait until Wednesday, but that is a topic for a different forum.

havenot001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

One last snow trip to Lassen Park, California in April 2024.
Chris

Kdj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Just back from a great trip to N.C. on a spring kayaking mission. New brakes worked great in mountains. Old van continues to get it done. About 850 miles in 3 1/2 days. Went down using avoid highway directions even did the Dragons tail Friday morning. Then logged some highway miles home for the eclipse

Klister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

3 weeks Baja, then drive home to Seattle. All good. Total 4500 mi - road washboards vibrated loose door lock connection and side view mirror - that's the extent of troubles.

VeeDubn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Kdj wrote:
. . . even did the Dragons tail . . .

How was the Tail of the Dragon in the Westy? I am considering driving it this fall, but I don't want to hold up traffic (i.e., motorcycles and sports cars).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89
Jump to:
Page 89 of 89

Jump to: