Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stolen cars for sale on FB Marketplace
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Stolen cars for sale on FB Marketplace Reply with quote

If that agreement wasn't in writing you may be SOL.
Zwitterkafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Stolen cars for sale on FB Marketplace Reply with quote

Were the cars in the yard mentioned in the purchase agreement of the home?
Do you have any ownership paperwork? These could be the avenues of recourse against the home buyer.

How much time was given to remove the cars? Could the home buyer have just lost patience, not knowing or caring about how long settling estate affairs can take? (Home flipper with tight schedule?) Unfortunately verbal or handshake agreements aren't binding with estate stuff. Frustrating situation for sure........best of luck.
kdf38
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Stolen cars for sale on FB Marketplace Reply with quote

Zwitterkafer wrote:
Were the cars in the yard mentioned in the purchase agreement of the home?
Do you have any ownership paperwork? These could be the avenues of recourse against the home buyer.

How much time was given to remove the cars? Could the home buyer have just lost patience, not knowing or caring about how long settling estate affairs can take? (Home flipper with tight schedule?) Unfortunately verbal or handshake agreements aren't binding with estate stuff. Frustrating situation for sure........best of luck.

No estate involved.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Stolen cars for sale on FB Marketplace Reply with quote

Damn shame but why on earth wouldnt you at the very least put that split in a storage unit or even outdoor RV/ boat storage until you figured out what to do with it from there? I really feel for you but damn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kpf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Stolen cars for sale on FB Marketplace Reply with quote

Do you have the titles for these cars?
bastardbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Stolen cars for sale on FB Marketplace Reply with quote

kdf38 wrote:
Sorry, they are stolen. The buyer gave me until the end of the year to get them out. When I found out they had jumped the gun, I specifically told the people on site and the people in charge of them that I had until the end of the year to move what I wanted, and that they could not have any of the VW items. They stole them.

Why didn't you just tell us that in the first place...hmmm
Samba Member #95
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Stolen cars for sale on FB Marketplace Reply with quote

kdf38 wrote:
Sorry, they are stolen. The buyer gave me until the end of the year to get them out. When I found out they had jumped the gun, I specifically told the people on site and the people in charge of them that I had until the end of the year to move what I wanted, and that they could not have any of the VW items. They stole them.

Verbal contracts are valid in Texas. Do you have any witnesses to the agreement? It just needs to be someone that was there and could verify what was said. It's not necessary but it does help.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Stolen cars for sale on FB Marketplace Reply with quote

I call this b.s ...if he knew his father's house was up for sale for who knows how long or if it was taken by the government and resold ..he had plenty of time to go get his cars ..don't give a excuse you couldn't pick them up .. why should a new owner be stuck with somebody else's cars on now their property....what gives him the right now to say they were stolen when he basically abandoned them if they were important to you would be all over their weeks before and storing them else where...you didn't care / he didnt care..and if you cared you for sure would have at lease have a email a text message or have it written on paper with the new home owner with he or she that you would pick them up in such and such time and date ...you can never do a verbal agreement because folks twist it up ...this is all the the owner of these vws who doesn't know how to do things and yet wants to report them stolen now after the new owner sold them abandoned vws ...shoot he's lucky the owner wasn't a vw lover ...because if I was that new home owner I would be like pound sand I'm the owner now of these vws ...he should of picked them up before the house was sold ...that's like telling the owner of the house oh I miss my Kitchen sink of this house I have the right to it because I used to live here or my father use to lol ...you messed up .. move on and stop reporting stuff that's not stolen...because someone out their paid fair money for this split and for you to report it stolen is wrong ....you abandoned it/ them ....# 1 rule in life always write things down or email or a text message ...
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Stolen cars for sale on FB Marketplace Reply with quote

In most cases, a vehicle is considered "abandoned" if it has been left unattended without permission in certain areas for more than 48 hours. See Section 683.002 of the Texas Transportation Code for a definition of "abandoned vehicle."
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Stolen cars for sale on FB Marketplace Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
In most cases, a vehicle is considered "abandoned" if it has been left unattended without permission in certain areas for more than 48 hours. See Section 683.002 of the Texas Transportation Code for a definition of "abandoned vehicle."

That makes it easy to tow are car off a street.

You buy a house. You find $1,000,000 in cash in the attic. Whose money is that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Stolen cars for sale on FB Marketplace Reply with quote

heimlich wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

That makes it easy to tow are car off a street.

You buy a house. You find $1,000,000 in cash in the attic. Whose money is that?

If I found that much money in an attic in my house I would be in heaven ...It would be mine ..I wouldn't tell anyone what I found in my house .... im not gonna hunt down the previous owner because who knows if they even knew it was their in the first place could of been their before them living there .... and of course if I called the previous owner and I told them what I found of course they would be like oh yeah it was my dad's or family members ..come on we all would say something like that if a owner came to us and found money in or previous family house/ property....
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Stolen cars for sale on FB Marketplace Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:

If I found that much money in an attic in my house I would be in heaven ...It would be mine ..I wouldn't tell anyone what I found in my house .... im not gonna hunt down the previous owner because who knows if they even knew it was their in the first place could of been their before them living there .... and of course if I called the previous owner and I told them what I found of course they would be like oh yeah it was my dad's or family members ..come on we all would say something like that if a owner came to us and found money in or previous family house/ property....

You own a house. You have a wife and family. You hide $1,000,000 in the attic. You pass away and don't tell anyone about it. Your wife or kids sell the house. The money is hidden in the attic still. Who's money is it?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Stolen cars for sale on FB Marketplace Reply with quote

heimlich wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

You own a house. You have a wife and family. You hide $1,000,000 in the attic. You pass away and don't tell anyone about it. Your wife or kids sell the house. The money is hidden in the attic still. Who's money is it?

You can go on and on ...it was up to the owner of the car or money to let his wife know before hand ...so she or he can get it ... just like we see all these history storyline of boats with gold like the titanic the government will claim the gold/ money and give a finders fee.. the gold wasn't the governments in the first place but yet they get most of it.. the government ain't gonna hunt down the family member who are alive and be like ohh he found this necklace of your great grandmother he you go yeah right you will see it in a museum... yes it's sad but that's why you gotta do things the right way ...back to this vw split story to me how I see it I see that the house was sold or someone wasn't paying taxes house was taken and sold or maybe him and his father's family were no longer talking and died or whatever reason and he remembered hmthe vws and was like shoot I need to go over their and realize the house was sold already obvious some one was living there since he said to talked to the new owner and got his name and seen the vw and was like oh yeah those were my family members can I take a look owner most likely said sure and that's when he took the picture of the vw split and talked to the house owner and yes maybe the owner said you can pick up but than maybe the owner said nahh why should I if I bought the house and he shows up out of no where and now wants to claim them and who knows how long that new owner was living there he could ogmf been living there for a few weeks to a few months and said nahh I'm gonna sell them ....and he did ...when this forum was done it seemd like someone went to his place or storage and jacked him and sold them ...but now we found out they were on a property that was sold and the new owner sold them ....when he talked to the home owner he should of made sure it was written or emailed or a text message that he was allowed to pick them up ...because just say I see a guy with vws in his yard I found out the house was sold I walk up to the owner and make up a story and be like yeah these were my family's I was gonna pick them up ...and the owner maybe be like oh cool well yeah you can get them but yet he could be like well that's a good story but no ....if I was tge owner of tge house and a guy came up and asked for the cars I would ask for to see the paper work abd see if the vins match and if they did I would ask for a fee from him since I been at the house and if he don't pay or want to I would be like kick sand than storage ain't free ...once you pay than you can get them if not on a few weeks im selling them off .....he clearly stated that he talked to the owner but we clearly don't know what was said or not what was true what is not true we are only hearing 1 side maybe he's pissed that they were sold so maybe he want to make sure no one owns it ...alot of stuff was done wrong here ....and if another person gets their self in this situation which we will ...make sure if or when you talk to a house owner and he or she agrees you can get your cars get it written down or abd email, or text messages saying this so if an house owner sells them then you can claim that they were stolen..you can't always go by words because everything gets twisted and you get in this mess ...plan and simple..yes it sucks losing a car like that but you also gotta see it as a home owner I would sell whatever I don't want on my property I'm not gonna wait till they show up who knows how long that would be ....if it gots to go its gots to go ....
DDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Stolen cars for sale on FB Marketplace Reply with quote

Where is the lock?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Stolen cars for sale on FB Marketplace Reply with quote

Ok, let's let the OP respond, if he wants to address what JERRY63VW has posted and not get into some back and forth argument and hypotheticals.

Legally you should research if the new property owner could sell the cars, "verbal agreement" or not, as my 60 seconds of Googling shows the laws vary by state.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: