Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

16x6 Fuchs and a 1954 Beetle
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbug64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:24 am    Post subject: 16x6 Fuchs and a 1954 Beetle Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I've done some searching and have not really seen a good yes or no answer. Hopefully there is no horse being beaten to death here. I've got two 16x6 Fuchs wheels from my 911. I have an opportunity to get a second pair of the same wheels. I'm building a lowered narrowed beam (slowly) and was curious if anyone was running this setup. If so, are you using adapters or have you converted to Porsche disks? How much did you narrow the beam? What size tires, front and rear, are you running to obtain the least amount of rub? My plan was to get the brakes fixed and order some tires so I might actually be able to drive this thing sometime this summer.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1954 Standard Beetle
1965 Firetruck Red Double Cab
1975 Porsche 911
1984 Rabbit L
1988 Scirocco 16v
Random Toyota daily drivers because winter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: 16x6 Fuches and a 1954 Beetle Reply with quote

I don't have the answers but I could pose more questions... Do you have enough power to turn those taller wheels? How much braking power are you going to lose too with the taller set up?

I just changed my Buggy over to Porsche wheels and highly recommend using direct mounting, no adaptors, especially on the front. These cars do not handle that well at speed to start with and any offset just makes it so much worse.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: