Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A question about VW's past and its present issues
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: A question about VW's past and its present issues Reply with quote

MuzzcoVW wrote:
The CEO says the roof is on fire at VW. They should listen to those of us who want choice, and not be forced to buy what they push OR like many, move on from VW. Just a terrible marketing plan

VW certainly does not have the monopoly on that! I personally am fed to the back teeth trying to get into these modern 4 door cars! They have doors about 2 feet wide and us 6' 200lb guys (no I am not the only North American that is this size) have a heck of a battle trying to get in. Then once we are in our knees are crammed up against a pregnant dash that looks and acts like a cow trying to shoulder it's peers out of the feed box! Then there is the bloated door cards and a 3 foot wide center console to deal with!

Who the heck needs 4 doors these days when the vast majority of cars rarely have more than on person in them. Ok a family does but that is what minivans were invented for.

I love my '76 2 door Rabbit, '92 2 door Jetta, '83 944, they are all such a treat to get in and out of and have loads of room once you are in. Our current Jetta and Golf are torture chambers in comparison! A couple years back I went to move the Boss' full sized SUV out of the shop, managed to get in but was not sure if I could get back out... not unlike the time I got stuck in an MG Midget back in my youth! Lord it was tight for a vehicle that size!

The engineers/designers need to have a look around themselves. People are not getting smaller...
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: A question about VW's past and its present issues Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
The engineers/designers need to have a look around themselves.

'I'm sorry Dave, I cant do that...the design parameters are fixed'

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: A question about VW's past and its present issues Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
finster wrote:
hmmm, a lot to unpack and a first post so a strong whiff of trolling too...

Hum...

I'm gonna lock this for now. If the OP wants it unlocked, please send me a PM.

It seems to be a dumpster fire and we should stop it before it spreads to far.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: A question about VW's past and its present issues Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
I'm gonna lock this for now. If the OP wants it unlocked, please send me a PM.

That will be tough since they are banned Very Happy

Glenn wrote:
It seems to be a dumpster fire and we should stop it before it spreads to far.

True... I agree, let's call it. It's been covered before in at least one other thread on here anyway.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: