Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

GTE Gauges
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe E Lectron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:05 pm    Post subject: GTE Gauges Reply with quote

I am hoping to find someone that can provide a rough estimation on GTE gauge prices as I have a set but seem to be having no luck in finding what they are worth. Thank you. Very Happy
DeathBySnuSnu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: GTE Gauges Reply with quote

I have never been in the market to purchase.

What I remember casually seeing.

Also assuming you mean Bradley GTE.

I have seen GTII with VDO cockpit gauges in the 75 to 100 range.

I have seen GTII with VDO Jet cockpit gauges go for 125 to 150.

I do not remember seeing a GTE panel sell.
Rare does not equal valuable There has to be a desire/market for it and I have not ever seen anyone desiring a volt gauge for a GTE.

The other gauges cross over. They are all "out of the book" std aftermarket gauges, not special to any car manufacturer. If they were Jet cockpit I might would be interested..... just to hold onto for any future project.

In the end .. they are worth whatever you can get for them...... could be more in today's market and you found someone who needed them for a GTE.
I would be pickled tink if I could get 50 to 75 for them.

Other opinions may vary.....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: GTE Gauges Reply with quote

If they are Jet Cockpit gauges, working, in very good shape and complete with the aircraft style bezels they are both a decent amount. It depends also what fauge it is. Clock's and head temp are worth more as are the 8000rpm tachs and speedo with working trip meter. On average I've seen them go for 50% than other vdo gauges for used and 100-150% more for NOS.
Joe E Lectron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: GTE Gauges Reply with quote

Thank you for the info, I do appreciate it. These are not cockpit style, but they are in excellent shape, the Speedometer is a VDO, thin font style, installed but never ran as the odometer is 0 miles. I only have them due to having bought a GTII/GTE actually, for the windshield for a rebody project I am working on with a body obtained from Skip White's family. Again, Thanks for the info and best of luck with all your builds Very Happy
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: GTE Gauges Reply with quote

Ha - I thought you meant gauges from a Puma GTE! A photo would help clarify.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: