Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Cip1.com
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 21, 2024
yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
yamaducci wrote:
Now I know why I always deal with CB Performance.

And when you buy a front beam from CB, it will have the same scratches on it.

You quoted the wrong post. I didn't buy a beam.
My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I've used CIP1 over the years...and have had both good and moderate experiences.... I recently made a couple more transactions.

While I'm not buying parts from them that require super high standards or what I would consider original German quality equivalent.. the parts I ordered are pretty much what I expected.
One thing I will note.. they have a lightning shipping program with DHL.. The parts are to my door faster than CIP1 updates the shipping information on my order.

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
highwheelerboy22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I have a 1971 Type 3 Fastback and needed spare keys. I went on their site and found the one captioned to fit my car. Got them quickly but they were the wrong profile which I'll admit is partly my fault for not double checking. As it turns out I assume someone changed out the ignition tumbler in mine with either a beetle or ghia and now uses an "M" profile key. i paid about $30 for two keys and shipping. I spoke to Martin at CIP and when i referenced returning them re referred me to the return procedure. Seems like he was going out of his way to prevent me from returning them. He even said "Sometimes for items this inexpensive we suggest going onto www.thesamba.com/vw/ and sell them privately." I've been know to be a spiteful person occasionally. So I am packing them in a manilla shipping envelope in their original packaging and have submitted the return request form and I'll be sending these little fellas back to them only because Martin was not friendly or helpful.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

highwheelerboy22 wrote:
He even said "Sometimes for items this inexpensive we suggest going onto www.thesamba.com/vw/ and sell them privately."

Funny, because in dealing with a number of companies, when the item was so inexpensive, they tell you to keep it and give you a full refund without returning it.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ronald Eisel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

The Cip1 Saga continues.......... redefining the term "German Quality" with every sale!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JohnsBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I had my own cip1 interaction on a turn signal switch I ordered. But, to their credit, there was a bit of operator "learn something new every day" involved too. Still, their suggested process for initial resolution (destroy the first item ordered and send photos for a refund) was a first though I/we didn't get to that. But, right people make it right (though I ended up with two of the switches now) and I give them credit for responsiveness to my email or phone call as well as their tech (Gary) reaching out directly to suggest an installation tip that ended up working (watch that gap on the backside of the steering wheel housing to the column! Wink). I had to order a second switch after I thought the first one I ordered was faulty so now I have two- the one that's installed and the first one I had ordered. I never destroyed the first one sent. Cp1 sent the second switch and paid the postage. I also have the original I initially took out and will find some plastic pieces, the "W" spring/clip, and soder some frayed wire to rebuild it. It was blowing the fuse every time I put the right signal on, and was not returning to the neutral position after left or right turn. I guess I'll have to buy another fixer/Beetle now so I can install it! Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
Jump to:
Page 33 of 33

Jump to: