Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Artimus - [email protected] - Art Gomez
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Artimus
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: August 18, 2011
puumbacat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Artimus - [email protected] - Art Gomez Reply with quote

this one is bad. very bad.

art (seller) misrepresented 67 pop-top westy in every concievable way. he said seats had 1 tear size of quarter. when i unfolded the bed, the whole thing was ripped to shreds. after a bit of haggling, i paid art 18,750 for the bus. he said it had a new motor w/ just 45 mi. on it. i drove it 2 hrs at 55 mph and the motor started to sound funny. i checked the oil and it was gray, like watery clay, with metal shavings in it. this is 2 hrs after purchase. i towed car back to art. told him i wasnt really interested anymore because the motor was shot, and he was dishonest about the amount of damage to the interior. art saw the oil himself. he refused to give me my money back. used the "you signed a bill of sale "as is" line. however the vehicle was misrepresented huge. i offered art 750 bucks to just keep and let me have my dough and go home. he wouldnt do it. i offered 1000, he wouldnt do it. a long story short-i had to GIVE art 2000 dollars in order to get the remainder back and go home. buyer beware. hes a thief, a loser, and will rip anyone off with no regrets. so when you see his 67 pop-top back on the samba for sale. DONT BE FOOLISH. his bus reeks of mildew when you unfold the bed, and its torn to pieces. his "mechanic" doesnt have a clue how to build a vw motor, and the same guy who built it before i purchase it has rebuilt it again. i dont want the vehicle, but just to see what type of person art is i asked him to call me when fixed and apply the 2k to the price and i'd come get the bus. he wont do that. he wants to pocket the 2k he stole, and find a new sucker. dont let it be you. its too bad we have laws protecting thiefs like art gomez. couldnt give him what he deserved without spending more to bail myself out. if he replies, dont pay attention to a word of it. he will try to rip you off too. i promise. everett this is a person you should give serious consideration to ban from the samba. any proof needed for anyone out there i have it. leave me a message and i'll send you some paperwork that will blow your mind.

Also used:
56WolfsburgSamba - [email protected] - Art Gomez
microbus4life - [email protected]
nobby91710
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: 1965 Double Cab purchased fom Art Gomez Reply with quote

I recently purchased a 1965 Double Cab from Art. Overall great transaction. The D.C. was as pictured and described. Great communication, quick getting back to me w/ all of my questions. Art came across as being a really nice guy and I had a positive experience doing business w/ him. I Would not hesitate doing business with him again in the future.
1stnomadguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: parting out early 64 Reply with quote

Hi art ... thanks for the smooth transaction ... looks like you had a rough go of it sellin a 67 westy ... 2 sides to every story ... the seal rail looks like it will work out great ... turns out the previous owner ... if they touched someting ... they jacked someting up ... anywho ... no complaints .. happy with the transaction ...
63CabDriver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently purchased a set of 165/50/15 tires from Art and the transaction went very smoothly. Art kept good communication through out the entire transaction. Art sent the tires as soon as he received payment and provided a tracking number. I give him an A+ and would do business with him again.
63CabDriver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just purchased another tire from Art and the transaction again was very smooth. Two thumbs up in my book.
Franklin's VW Werks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: 21 Window Roof section with Tons of Parts Reply with quote

Hi,
We sold Art a 21 Roof Section with Tons of Parts to complete a 21 Window, including windows and interior and exterior parts.
We packed the whole roof section carefully and shipped to Art for Seattle.
The trucking company sat or dropped pallets on top of the roof and damaged it. Art was very understanding and worked with us to get the money we had it insured for. It took a few weeks but we ended up getting almost $400 on top of the $2000 dollars and got it to Art. It was a shame as the roof was in excellent condition when it left and arrived damaged.
Hopefully Art is able to use the section with the moneys he got to help fix it.
Had a good experience in light of the situation.
Franklin's VW Werks

On MySpace
SBS #24
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PatMc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sold Art a dash handle. He is very easy to deal with and wouldn't have a problem dealing with him again(buying or selling.
Pat
mholloway
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Another satisfied buyer Reply with quote

Everything went smoothly no surprises when 65 13 window arrived
slugbugblue
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for shopping with Vintage V-Dubs!

It’s been our pleasure doing business with you! Thanks a lot for the great communication, the prompt payment and being one reason why we enjoy doing what we do…we would love to do business with you again!

To Sellers: We highly recommend this buyer!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art bought some bus parts from us. He provided quick payment and good communication. We ran into a delay on shipping his order out and Art was very professional about it. Recommended.
offrdrace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Pressed bumper Reply with quote

Recently purchased a fiberglass pressed bumper for my bus from Art. Item was as described. Very nice honest guy. Recommend!!
Jake Martinez
The VW Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art is a great buyer! fast payment and quick responses!

cant ask for more! Very Happy

thank you!

, Jake
65 bug
67 standard

zombie wrote:
buslife wrote:

10 inch narrowed beam

Congrats, that's going to look like shit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jay perreira
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Artimus - [email protected] - Art Gomez Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I bought a pair of Federal Formoza 165/45/15. They were delivered within a week. I am happy with buying from Art. I will be buying from him again and I recommend buying from Art Gomez. Very Happy
jbow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Artimus - [email protected] - Art Gomez Reply with quote

I recently bought a bus from Art. It was a very positive transaction with outstanding communication, detailed pictures and honesty.
Every detail that he described has been accurate. Super cool guy and easy to deal with.
Definitely recommend!
Thanks Art!!
John
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
creideahm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Artimus - [email protected] - Art Gomez Reply with quote

I bought a bus seat cover from Art today. He was responsive, open and fair. Would not hesitate to buy from him again.
Jhvygr2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Artimus - [email protected] - Art Gomez Reply with quote

Stellar Seller!!! ULTRA FAST SHIPPING!!! A+++ Experience!!! Will definitely buy from again!!! Thanks for the spice rack!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: