Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mystery bracket at rear of '89 Vanagon SOLVED
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Van den Broke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:38 pm    Post subject: Mystery bracket at rear of '89 Vanagon SOLVED Reply with quote

Hi Folks, my van came with a Subaru 2.2 Turbo engine so there are some changes in the engine bay.

I'm curious what this bracket was originally used for. It's at the rear of the engine bay, just right of the overflow reservoir:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I also noticed that there is no connector on the power steering sensor, I assume it can't be used with the Subaru engine (and ECU).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
goubeaux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery bracket at rear of '89 Vanagon Reply with quote

Power Steering fluid Reservoir.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
yellowjacket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery bracket at rear of '89 Vanagon Reply with quote

Bracket for power steering fluid reservoir.
Van den Broke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery bracket at rear of '89 Vanagon Reply with quote

You guys are fast!
Thanks, now I know that I can use it for something else since the PS reservoir is on the Subaru engine.
zerotofifty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery bracket at rear of '89 Vanagon Reply with quote

Van den Broke wrote:
You guys are fast!
Thanks, now I know that I can use it for something else since the PS reservoir is on the Subaru engine.

We maybe fast, but our Vans are not. hahahaha
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery bracket at rear of '89 Vanagon Reply with quote

Aren't you curious about the two hydraulic lines just sitting there above that bracket?
Van den Broke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery bracket at rear of '89 Vanagon SOLVED Reply with quote

Mildly curious, I assume they're part of the power steering system.

Lately I've been concentrating on the cooling system so haven't given a lot of thought to the other stuff on the engine.

Although lately I am a bit irritated with this bodged air intake that the van came with:

The engine is a turbocharged 2.2 Subaru.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: