Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

If you use a phone cradle, consider this!
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VanGeek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:34 am    Post subject: If you use a phone cradle, consider this! Reply with quote

Been looking at these automagic motorized wireless charging cradles for awhile, and finally purchased and installed one in Vanna. It uses the same ball-mount that my prior mechanical cradle used, so was basically plug and play for me.

You can mount these on vents, a suction mount to the windshield or dash, use my mount that occupies the small unused dash cubby, or do something else. The model I linked below has a ball mount with a shaft that fits perfectly (after you cut the shaft to size) with my mount: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6059879

You drop you phone into it, and it retracts to grab the phone. Push a button on the side and it releases it. Charges a phone at anywhere from 5-15 watts wirelessly. SO easy to use. I'm installing these in every car I own... This is just one example but there are another half-dozen options available on amazon, aliexpress, and ebay.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BL1S9LFJ?
BeConscious
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: If you use a phone cradle, consider this! Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this. I just printed out both versions.

How did you run the wiring for the charger if you don't mind me asking?
VanGeek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: If you use a phone cradle, consider this! Reply with quote

There are several options for the power supply to the cradle. It only requires a quick-charge 3.0 port.

So -- easiest option is to use the cigarette lighter with a quick-charge 3.0 adapter inserted into it and a short cable to the cradle.

I also added a dedicated circuit and a qc 3.0 port into the area which was previously occupied by the cigarette tray. This is more involved since it required a new =12V supply from the starter or coach battery, a relay with igntion trigger, wiring to the ashtray area, and fabrication of a panel to cover the ashtray and incorporate the qc 3.0 port. Pls let me know if you want my .stl file for the panel and other details about wiring and I can supply them!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: