Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

the ONE car you wish you still had
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

I guess this is why I rarely sell a vehicle, and still have my first, the 1970 VW.

I did sell one (the 1979 Toyota pickup I bought in 1986), but still have my 1971 VW Convertible, 1988 Mazda b2200 truck, 1998 and 2004 Frontiers. So I don't have seller's remorse.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
The 1965 Beetle my 28 year old German teacher introduced me to buggery in, at age 17 in college.

This really is not the place for that kind of information.
pondoras box
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

My 1963 23 window bus that was named Bobo by someone who owned it long before I did. It had a wooded hand made plaque on the fresh air box that said Bobo and came with a log book history going back several years of ownership.

I would pay a finders fee to whoever can give information on locating this one again.

1961 23 Window (Bobo)
1965 11 Window (Zelda)
1965 13 Window (Lucas)
1957 Oval ragtop
1988 Cabriolet VR6 conversion
Plus a lot of other rusty junk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joe 20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

My 1965 Baldwin Motion "Street Racer Special" (Baldwin Chevrolet) Biscavne. Guaranteed 11 sec. quarter mile off the showroom floor...and it could do it. But it was a different time and I was a different age...I'd only want it now for the big bucks it is worth Very Happy and maybe just one more pass...
grandpa red
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

More than one....

1959 Datsun pickup
1964 Chevy panel truck
1966 GMC Suburban 4x4
1977 Toyota FJ40
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

'65 Corvair Corsa Turbo 2 door, all factory stock with buckets, 4 speed, telescopic steering column and full gauges.
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

84 c10 stepside, orange/black , old nj turnpike truck.
250 L inline six, three on the tree. Great runner no idea of miles speedo no worky. Only issue is the linkage would jam and you had to persuade it out of second some times with a hammer.
marklaken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

1951 plymouth suburban. bought it to restore, but I ended up getting the blue bus a week after the plymouth, so plymouth never got off the backburner.
I stored it for a couple years and then let it go for a small loss.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'65 rear left beetle fender

15" Bus Wheels in fair condition

Mark Laken
Fort Collins, CO
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

67 Mercury Colony Park wagon w/390 only because my older brother had one and it’s one of the first cars I ever put some miles on. As a design feature the center of steering wheel had a cushion that twisted off and doubled as a place to stash things like a bag of weed which he did. That thing was a tank Very Happy
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
67 Mercury Colony Park wagon... As a design feature the center of steering wheel had a cushion that twisted off and doubled as a place to stash things like a bag of weed.

I've owned a '67 Lincoln Continental for a LONG time with the same removable center padded hub. That use never occurred to me Cool

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

'57 AC Ace-Bristol

two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

My 1973 Sportbug in metallic blue, bought used in 74, had 6 years, never let me down, never burned a drop of oil.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
H2OSB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Noof wrote:
vintageorbust wrote:
1987 VW Scirocco 16v Red with black leather.... best first car anyone could ask for..

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ID=5406041

I had a '89 I bought used in '90.Best VW I ever had.Kept it for 12 years untill my son became of age,and then the insurance cost made it cost prohibitive.

I did the same with an '86 Gti. Kept it for 14 years. Zero issues over my years of ownership. Wish I still had that.

But I also must mention the desire to kick myself for ever getting rid of the '75 Super Beetle sedan back in 1999 when I started SuperBeetles Only! Sadly I dropped out of the hobby due to lack of money and sold the car. Who knew I'd get back into Super Beetles, full force, and really miss having that solid body car with factory rack&pinion steering.

H2OSB
PD41
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

1964 Porsche 356 SC with 6 volt sunroof.
Ivory with black interior. Owned it in 1979 I was 20 years old.
Drove that car a lot. Used to stick my surfboard in the sunroof.

Led the 1984 Los Angeles Oylimpic torch run about 1/8 mile in front of the runner. Went through several cities in So Cal for over 6 hours.
Torrance, Redondo, Hermosa West Side all day.
Had small USA flags on the wipers pulled out going back and forth.

Been looking for a pic of that 1984 LA torch run of my car, ANYBODY ?
So bummed I sold it in 85 looking back now.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

There are many that I regret having to part with, but the top of the list would have to be my 1954 Austin-Healey 100/4.
I bought it in 1964 with the intention of going SCCA racing, but before that happened I got married and the A-H became my daily driver. Year around. In Minnesota. Winter wasn't so great.
Oh-----I still have the same wife.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

My first car, a brand new red 1974 VW Beetle.

Still got it.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare

עַם יִשְׂרָאֵל חַי
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
far rider Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

65 TR4A IRS with overdrive. Most fun car I’ ve ever owned

Contentment; when what you have is what you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

Stolen out of my driveway when I was in college. Probably by a criminal neighbor (who lived in the house in the background).

Retired:
'67 Beetle
'65 Beetle (x2)
'65 Bus
'71 Squareback

Last edited by KTPhil on Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
PatJr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

no picture
1965 GMC 1/2 ton, standard bed
put a 400 with a powerglide transmission from a wreaked Caprice
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: the ONE car you wish you still had Reply with quote

The 1960 Porsche 356 Roadster my dad bought new. But, it's not all bad. I gave the car to my son and in fact, right now it is sitting in my garage while my wife and I have some work done to the house we rent to him. Cool
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: