Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Solex 32 p-11
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 10:58 pm    Post subject: Solex 32 p-11 Reply with quote

So it seems that solex sold there solex p-11 from size 32mm-44 mm has anyone body seen the solex 32mm p-11 around I believe these were the sand cast versions.... I would love to get my hands on some and use them.....all I could find are the solex 40 p-11 nothing in the smaller bores so far ...I know someone has those 32s ....
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Solex 32 p-11 Reply with quote

I've only found this about the solex 32 p-11 carburetors 👇👇👇
https://forum.porsche356registry.org/viewtopic.php?t=6411
OMT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Solex 32 p-11 Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hello Jerry,
They are very interesting carburetors. I don’t what they are used on. I have never seen the manifolds. One came from Torrance California; the other from Central California….a fifteen year gap to make a set.
These will bring you nothing but tears and frustration.
I wish You luck with Your vintage speed dream.
Best Regards,
Al
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Solex 32 p-11 Reply with quote

Wow thanks for the reply ....they look great I would want a set ...wish someone would make repops of them and the correct manifolds ... what parts are interchangeable with the later solex p11 carbs anyone ???
Mr. Okrasa Premium Member
Original Old Speed

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Solex 32 p-11 Reply with quote

I've had this set for at least 20 years...........maybe longer?

See my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/okrasa/

1959 VW Karmann Ghia Coupe / Bamboo-Green / Denzel 1300cc / OG. owner, paint Wink

Denzel engine running. See this link: https://youtu.be/DgUlsQDTXTE

VW www.Okrasa.com
356 www.PreA356.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Solex 32 p-11 Reply with quote

You guys are some lucky mothers lol ...I wish I had the luck like you guys ....wish I had a set ......
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Solex 32 p-11 Reply with quote

There have been talks in the corners about them being from a Sunbeam Alpine GT, but the Alpine was born with 2 sgl carbs. It - could perhaps be a retrofit, but in that case they are kinda small for the displacement.
Another rumour is that they came from an early Alfa Romeo. Now, I´m reasonably well faired within Alfa Romeo, and I have never come across those carbs on any Alfa, street or race. I have not seen everything, but no model comes to mind.
So the jury is still out.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: