Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Surging and tapping intermittently
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrchris42
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Surging and tapping intermittently Reply with quote

Everything was running great on my '90 Westy for months, so it was about time... The van, every once in a while (once every 2 hours of running?) surges quite powerfully and scares the heck out of me. After the surge the lifters tick for 10 or 15 minutes and the van seems to lose some power. After 15 minutes or so the ticking stops and the van regains power and all is good again. Other than this I don't notice any symptoms, running or at idle.
timmon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, the reason the lifters "tick" as you know is becaouse they bleed down/collapse. have you checked to make sure your oil is still good/uncontaminated by gasoline or water? not sure what would cause the huge power surge but it should be checked out. Exclamation How is your fuel consumption?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: