Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

what suspension parts do I need?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
allsierra123
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: what suspension parts do I need? Reply with quote

I am grabbing some parts off of a synchro. If I wanted to run syncro suspension on my 2wd what parts would need to be switched over?
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are converting your van from 2wd to Syncro specs, you will need...everything!

If you are simply wanting to run Syncro suspension components under a 2wd, you will need...everything!

Converting to full Syncro specs would include the entire front suspension (upper and lower control arms, knuckles, springs, shocks, everything) as well as the front differential and complete front crossmember. You will also need the driveline, gearbox and fuel tank and anything related to the locker if it has one.

If you just want the Syncro suspension under a 2wd, you will need the entire front suspension (again, upper and lower control arms, knuckles, springs, shocks, everything) and complete front crossmember. I'm not sure if the 2wd fuel tank will fit with the Syncro crossmember, even with the front differential out of the picture, so you might need the Syncro fuel tank as well. You will have to install the outer stub axles from the front half shafts to keep the preload on the front wheel bearings. Otherwise the bearings will destroy themselves fairly quickly.

The rear suspension is the same for a 2wd and a 14" Syncro with the exception of the springs.

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
allsierra123
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so I will just try to pull Its all there except for the front diff and trans. So I may just pull the gas tank to be safe. Basicly Im going to swap it over a little at a time.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: