Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts New!  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagon Write-up on Forza's Heavy Metal Affliction blog
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mariusstrom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Vanagon Write-up on Forza's Heavy Metal Affliction blog Reply with quote

Some time ago at work, I ran into the community manager for Turn 10 Studios, the people who bring Forza Motorsport to the Xbox. The community guy is an absolute gearhead (as you might imagine), and one of the things he does is seek out Forza fans who area also gearheads and he writes up a story about the fan and their car. Mostly it's Forza-related things - old JDM rides, tuners, etc.

I asked him if he'd ever done a feature story on a Vanagon, and he started pining about his old air-cooled VW days. I had him on the hook.

I wrote up the article for him, and then we went out to a local park and he took some awesome pictures of Otto the Vanagon. The story went live today after a few months downtime - it's neat to see the Forza community reaction to a big ol' Syncro Westy.

Take a gander at the article: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/hma_9_25_14

(I should disclaim: I work at Microsoft, which owns Turn 10 Studios. This, however, is not at all related to *my* job)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MacDude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice article.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
70coupyel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the very last sticky. Smile

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=338946&highlight=
70 KG Coup
83 Westy Waterboxer
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: