Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

B2 Eberspacher for late model: rebuild
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
w1sterling
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking to find a complete gas heater, ducts brackets and all for a 1973 super beetle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jibjab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Mesh and cloth Reply with quote

When I took my heater apart I found a small scrap of mesh with some asbestos cloth in it. Looks like it was attached to the inside wall of the combustion chamber. Is this critical for it to ignite? Checked everything on my heater and it pumps and blows and heats but it just won't ignite.
Does anyone have a picture of how this should be in there?
Is there a hole in it so the glow plug extends into the chamber?
cn63bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: B2 Eberspacher for late model: rebuild Reply with quote

Great thread and info!
cn63bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: B2 Eberspacher for late model: rebuild Reply with quote

So I have a B2 on it's way to me to install in my 66. It's complete with the exception of the control handle shown in the pic attached. Does anyone have an extra one they would be willing to sell or be able to get measurements of it so that I can make one to match myself?

Thanks everyone.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
YOGIVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: B2 Eberspacher for late model: rebuild Reply with quote

you used my picture but it is not a problem Very Happy
I have few spare levers with knob and rubber grommet.
Send me PM if you are interested.
Westfalia James Cook 2.9TD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheViking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: B2 Eberspacher for late model: rebuild Reply with quote

I have a question. Since i had to swap the front of my car i took the gas heater out. When i put it in again i removed the light and the connections for the light since they were broken. When i tried firing it up i hear click click click and the fan pushes air, but there isnīt any heat coming out. So i was wondering if this is because i removed the light or is it something else
YOGIVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: B2 Eberspacher for late model: rebuild Reply with quote

Must be something else. Check if the fuel comes to the heater first. Unbolt the last hose before the jet, swithvon the heater and see if any fuel comes out. . Also check the glow plug ( should be warm when heater is ON)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheViking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: B2 Eberspacher for late model: rebuild Reply with quote

okay thanks! will try! Just have to get the car down from winter storage and get some winter tires. Need it to a cooooold vintage vw run
TheViking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: B2 Eberspacher for late model: rebuild Reply with quote

Tried it while the engine was running, and it actually worked!? Why wouldnīt it work without the engine running? voltage sat at 12.54 volt without engine running
YOGIVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: B2 Eberspacher for late model: rebuild Reply with quote

TheViking wrote:
Tried it while the engine was running, and it actually worked!? Why wouldnīt it work without the engine running? voltage sat at 12.54 volt without engine running

check the voltage at the glow plug with and without engine running. You will see 0,7V-1V difference.
TheViking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: B2 Eberspacher for late model: rebuild Reply with quote

YOGIVW wrote:
TheViking wrote:

check the voltage at the glow plug with and without engine running. You will see 0,7V-1V difference.

So then the glow plug is probably broken? Should i buy a new one? is it the same as the on on the BN4? i have B2
TheViking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott s wrote:
Also, since my last update, I finally made it by my local hose shop. They didn't have the stuff I needed to fab up new hoses (no metric stuff) but they did cut off the compression fittings for me. All for the cost of a soda!

What diameter did you use on the hoses? Inner-diameter
wurd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: B2 Eberspacher for late model: rebuild Reply with quote

Hi,

I just bought an almost complete working B2 heater and I would likt to put it under my T2 van.

I'm missing the fuel return line.

What if I replace it with a simple "T" like this ?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Jump to:
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: