Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deals on Nice Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 293, 294, 295 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dustinwor
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Na I text the guy I am assuming he sold it or kept it
SyncroButter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

I texted the guy yesterday to ask if there were lockers, he responded that it was sold.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

dabaron wrote:
danfromsyr wrote:
holy crap
$310,000 in inventory.
and quite likely a fair price for condition/location. might be able to buy a few nights out on the town in San Fran.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2305654

Quote:
20 VW Vanagon Westfalia Price: 15500
I have decided to sell my inventory of about 20 VW Vanagon Westfalia Campers from 1988-1991. They are located in Redwood City in the San Francisco Bay area. A once in a lifetime opportunity to choose your camper van. Colors they come in are white, blue, red, burgundy, gray and silver. Price is $15500 per camper of your choosing. About half of them are manual and half automatic

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

i reached out to the seller when they were 18,500 each. he claims to have a mechanic that took care of them but does not have any records on what was done to which van.

Buy the lot at $8000 each, slap Syncro stickers on them, And sell off to the wankers here for $15500
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

Buy the lot at $8000 each, slap Syncro stickers on them, And sell off to the wankers here for $15500

That's alot of van wankers Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

It's not a Vanagon...but we all want one of these, right?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/702185793586590/
robking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Been watching this one, they have come down from the initial price over last few weeks. Looks like a nice van!

https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/colchester-low-mile-original-1988/6957755902.html
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

robking wrote:
Been watching this one, they have come down from the initial price over last few weeks. Looks like a nice van!

https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/colchester-low-mile-original-1988/6957755902.html

Beautiful! Well, the seat covers could use a proper cleaning... Very Happy
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
dabaron wrote:
danfromsyr wrote:
holy crap
$310,000 in inventory.
and quite likely a fair price for condition/location. might be able to buy a few nights out on the town in San Fran.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2305654

Quote:
20 VW Vanagon Westfalia Price: 15500
I have decided to sell my inventory of about 20 VW Vanagon Westfalia Campers from 1988-1991. They are located in Redwood City in the San Francisco Bay area. A once in a lifetime opportunity to choose your camper van. Colors they come in are white, blue, red, burgundy, gray and silver. Price is $15500 per camper of your choosing. About half of them are manual and half automatic

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

i reached out to the seller when they were 18,500 each. he claims to have a mechanic that took care of them but does not have any records on what was done to which van.

Before we bought our westy, we rented from the seller for 4-5 years. Very nice rigs indeed. About 10 minutes from me. Sorry to hear, that they are downsizing, but I totally understand. If only my driveway was bigger.

Craig
gersopher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/novato-1989-vw-vanagon-wolfsburg/6979855735.html

Whitestar?

Just saw this on my morning craigslist browsing.

'
SyncroButter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

gersopher wrote:
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/novato-1989-vw-vanagon-wolfsburg/6979855735.html

Whitestar?

Just saw this on my morning craigslist browsing.

yep, a whitestar. Both the whitestar and bluestar had that fabric as well as the carpeted panel beneath the bench seat.
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

This looks like a very fair price to me

https://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/d/brevard-vw-westfalia/6968527598.html
Morris_82
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

$10,900 is the asking price for this pretty clean 91 tin top. Dealership is super motivated to move it though... What's a fair price?

https://www.lakesideautobrokers.com/vehicle-detail...d-30150226

Proud Owner of:
Morris - '82 Westy (RIP)
Milo - '86 Weekender
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Morris_82 wrote:
$10,900 is the asking price for this pretty clean 91 tin top. Dealership is super motivated to move it though... What's a fair price?

https://www.lakesideautobrokers.com/vehicle-detail...d-30150226

A long, long, long way south of that price.
Maybe 2500-3000 ?
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
Morris_82
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

levi wrote:
A long, long, long way south of that price.
Maybe 2500-3000 ?

Oh wow. No wonder they were ready to sell it when I offered $7000 cash.

Looks like it has been maintained very well, new fuel and coolant hoses, very little rust or paint issues. Two owner van, according to the dealer. 98k on the odometer. I thought $5k-7k was about right but that's why I asked here.

Proud Owner of:
Morris - '82 Westy (RIP)
Milo - '86 Weekender
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Look at the photo of the misaligned odometer numbers. It seems maybe either the odometer is broken or maybe it has been tampered with.
I would have little faith in the number of miles shown as anything real.

No A/C, no power mirrors, offer less.

Mark
cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

'91 with round headlights? What else has been changed?

Craig
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

The white star posted by gersopher above is only 5000 and it's much nicer.
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

91 base model, iirc came with round lights.
rubber floors, tweed interior and non-opening vent windows.
certainly no AC.
unsure on PS.. but I think was w/o PS.
cmayna wrote:
'91 with round headlights? What else has been changed?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kiltedhiker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

My '91 Syncro is a base model. It came with square headlights. Mine has a tach, Power steering, AC, power mirrors, power door locks, dual batteries.
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Rubber floors too?

kiltedhiker wrote:
My '91 Syncro is a base model. It came with square headlights. Mine has a tach, Power steering, AC, power mirrors, power door locks, dual batteries.

OK, I had to search to refresh my iirc on the base models.
this is Dave's take on them from this thread
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4689966#4689966

D Clymer wrote:
ClayStang wrote:
My Wife and I are looking into buying a 1991 Vanagon GL, what's the difference from the regular Vanagon? Also it's an Automatic, I've only driven stick, how is the power. I'm still waiting for info on engine size.
Thanks
Clay

The base Vanagon model in 1990 and 1991 was kind of an interesting model. It was set up more like a stripped down Carat model since it has the rear facing jump seats. The GL has the more conventional middle seat arrangement.

These vans came in Flash Silver and Pastel White only, and on the exterior they differed from the other vans by having basic black metal bumpers, steel rims with bug style hubcaps (full wheel covers were optional), and manual outside mirrors. The other differences were mostly inside. These are:

-quartz clock instead of tach.
-tweed upholstery instead of velour.
-non-opening front vent windows.
-rubber floor coverings instead of cut pile carpet (actually very sought after!)
-white vinyl headliner instead of color keyed and patterned vinyl.
-basic style dash top more like the 84 and older vans. (Might be wrong on this one. It's been a while since I've looked at one.)

They're cool and unique vans. Keep in mind though that the power options (windows, mirrors, etc) weren't available on these.

David
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 293, 294, 295 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Page 294 of 327

Jump to: