Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

L345 SO23 (1960) Resurrection
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Mohr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: L345 SO23 (1960) Resurrection Reply with quote

Added wardrobe mirror and hardware.....Thanks StaceyZ
Awesome job on these parts !!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: L345 SO23 (1960) Resurrection Reply with quote

nice work on the L345- if you were in the mood to share the mixing code details on the paint you used I would be most interested
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: L345 SO23 (1960) Resurrection Reply with quote

Tom Mohr wrote:

He’s making the mirror and the hardware?

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Tom Mohr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: L345 SO23 (1960) Resurrection Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
Tom Mohr wrote:

He’s making the mirror and the hardware?

Yes just ordered them a week ago. They really look nice. I think his add I should till up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tom Mohr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: L345 SO23 (1960) Resurrection Reply with quote

velvetgreen wrote:
nice work on the L345- if you were in the mood to share the mixing code details on the paint you used I would be most interested

I don't have the information on the paint I used (close but not exact match) took a piece into local DuPont dealer. Only painted about 10% of passenger side, the rest is original paint. If that helps......
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: L345 SO23 (1960) Resurrection Reply with quote

Thanks so much - looks great- I have the same colour bus that I am putting back together and am hoping mine turns out half as well as yours did. Mine is about 6 days older- weird hunh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stocknazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: L345 SO23 (1960) Resurrection Reply with quote

StockNazi wrote:
The hinges for the door table are screwed to the backside of the table and the door with the same M2.9x13 screws that are used for the wood interior panels.
The prop bracket is secured to the table with aluminum rivets. Not sure what size screws are used to attach the other end of the prop to the bottom of the door; hopefully someone will chime in with the size.

Does anyone know what type/size of screws were used to attach the table leg to the cargo door? Looks like there may be a finish washer used in the above pics?
The aluminum "foot" on my table leg is a bit buggered around the holes, but looks like there may have been a recess on one side for said finish washer, but I'm just not 100% sure.

Any thoughts?

"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty."
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: