Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Shift bushing
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjsuner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:38 am    Post subject: New Shift bushing Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I just received this email from CiP1 this morning, and it included a new style shift bushing.
https://www2.cip1.com/c24-111-701-259-akit/?utm_so...%3D.U2N8zS
It can be installed without having to take the whole thing out, and by the video (in all German) it looks like it is pretty fast to install!
I don't have a need for replacing mine currently, but it seems like a good idea.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: New Shift bushing Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FtgmQUQB4I
hlcptr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: New Shift bushing Reply with quote

I installed one on my '74 this spring. Well made part, easy enough to install, adjustable level of friction and made a world of difference changing gears with the Hurst shifter. Absolutely recommended.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: New Shift bushing Reply with quote

Clue me in please. I’m still trying to figure out how it is held in position in the hanger?

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hlcptr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: New Shift bushing Reply with quote

Too bad the video is only in German.

No need to remove the shift rod other than disconnecting at the transmission end to clean the schmutz in the area where the rod slides through the coupling.

The bottom half of the coupling is retained in the shift rod bracket with a groove. The top part slides overtop and is held in place with the long stud installed through the gearshift mount plate. The stud exerts pressure on the top coupling, effectively creating a sandwich between both halves and the shift rod. You can adjust the pressure on the halves and level of shift rod sliding friction by tightening the stud. Finally, you install a nut on the stud to lock it in place and secure the gearshifter plate. Brilliantly simple quality German engineered product.
Snoww_
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: New Shift bushing Reply with quote

https://ev4unow.com/vw-bushing/

Expensive but much more robust.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: