Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The 1641 for my Detroit money pit
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurboJack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: The 1641 for my Detroit money pit Reply with quote

Hi I’m new here, new to VW engines and buggies lol. I bought this engine from Dennis and would like to continue its story with you guys if that’s ok?
dennismcd707 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1641 for my Detroit money pit Reply with quote

If it were me, I'd get dual carbs. If not, what are you going to use? What's this engine going into again? (And by all means, keep this thread going!) Welcome to theSamba!
1971 Super Beetle, 1776, dual Weber's, roller crank, big valve modified racing heads, close ratio trans, lowered suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, car has over 368,000 actual miles. (RIP 1970 Beetle/Baja, 1986 GTI, 1999 Jetta, 2002 Jetta)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TurboJack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1641 for my Detroit money pit Reply with quote

I bought killshot fuel injection and have 3 turbos of various sizes to try. Still learning the page I’ll figure out how to post pics. I have a dune buggy I bought cheap I’ve been fixing up.
TurboJack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1641 for my Detroit money pit Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1641 for my Detroit money pit Reply with quote

Jack, what size engine and what are your plans to do with it? That efi is big, but I guess it could work in one way or another on a large displacement vw engine. All with one of those 3 turbos.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TurboJack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1641 for my Detroit money pit Reply with quote

I’m continuing the engine built in this thread by Dennis. Putting it in a sand rail.
TurboJack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: The 1641 for my Detroit money pit Reply with quote

I don’t really have the flare for writing like Dennis but I have made small progress to the build and taken some pictures. I’ve started small porting work on exhaust gatherers and the turbo inlets didn’t match the gaskets so they got a little more of the venturing effect. I bought the supplies for the custom intake adapter I’m building. Will be another week or so before the motor brake really gets started

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Jump to:
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: