Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

T2 1979 Sliding sunroof
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicolasmtr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:58 pm    Post subject: T2 1979 Sliding sunroof Reply with quote

hello everyone, I have recently purchased a VW T2 1979 van .
After some research i found out that the van is a deluxe edition that came with an automatic gearbox chrome side bars ( not sure what they are called ) .
and a sliding roof .
my first problem is that i cant find replacement parts for the chrome sides . the only photo of the buss i have ever fount on the internet will be posted down . it says that this type of van was only made for the German market . https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/thumbnails/2333277.jpg
the main issue is that i cant figure out what parts and what is wrong with the sliding roof it has been sealed from the top and repainted .
i am planning on restoring it. it's dimensions are 110cmx90cm.
it looks different from all the sliding tops i have seen on the internet or on the YouTube tutorials . please help any Info u can provide will be more than appreciated . the only parts i have fount online is the handle with the plastic part and small gear in addition to the 2 cables .
the van has been repainted with cheap paint , but same color that came from the factory
Chassi number is : 2292076801
Mplate :92 076 801
506 511 560 731
T1D9P R98 SH6 Z01 121
02 4 7283 133 2219
it looks like a silver fish but the only difference is the color .
i am new to the Van world please any information about my buss will be helpful.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: T2 1979 Sliding sunroof Reply with quote

it looks like a standard sunroof.
Sunroof open stuck parts plastic cover cables FAQ
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: