Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pop top interior cleaning
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilweasel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Pop top interior cleaning Reply with quote

So the fuzzy underside of my pop-top just got a few blackish spots- they are also on the top of my bunk so it must be some kind of mold. So what's the best way to clean that fuzzy underside? Do I need to be worride about scrubbing it too hard or anything?
shenan-agon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went through this on Saturday...my top was filthy with mold/mildew. I had the top off to replace seals and canvas, so decided to tackle the fuzz as well. I started with a hose and some Simple Green, but even with scrubbing that didn't take it off. Then I moved on to some mildew remover called X-14 - let it soak a minute, then scrubbed with a tuffy. That did the trick. When I ran out of that stuff, I mixed a 50/50 solution of bleach and water to finish the rest. Hosed it all off - looks as good as new! It took a bit of work, but it was worth it. It might be tougher to do with the top in place, though.
DanJReed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had good luck with Westles (sp?) Bleech white (Tire cleaner).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does this affect the fuzzy stuff?

Does it stay?

Does it fall out?

Change color?
shenan-agon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I scrubbed the crap out of the fuzzy stuff, and didn't hurt it. I don't think the bleach really lightened it any...but it was so dirty it's hard to tell Shocked
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a blech mix of about ! cup to a gallon . I did once when it was off looked brand new,
The 2nd time i bleeched it it was installed so i taped plastic on the inside rail all around and sprayed on the bleech and hosed it off look like new again. I have done this three time and the fuzz hold up mint.

BTW X14 is just way over priced Bleech with a little TSP .
I found ou the hard way spent 200 on x14 power washing a house .I could have done a better job with 5 dollers worth of bleach.
TSP is also the same as Dishwasher soap.

make it clean again
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: