Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

With fuel prices, whats your Vanagon or Eurovan worth NOW?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Downerman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: New shocks Reply with quote

WHOA........ bilsteins RULE. Unbelieveable difference and no clunking. Worth every penny.
Sirius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: This is one reason I bought my '83 Vanny. Reply with quote

Until I got my vanagon and got it running, I was driving a '95 Ford (gag, barf) pick up that got about 9 MPG on a good day. This was my commuter vehicle for over a year. The darn thing had this huge 390 engine and was geared for towing so it just sucked the gas! With two tanks, it was taking close to a hundred bucks to fill up and drive for ten days (between paychecks). I am SO HAPPY that my vanny is running, and running as good as it does!! I can fill it with about $40, and that takes me almost all the way to next payday! I still haven't been able to do a 'fill up to fill up' mileage per gallon check on it but I hope to find out exactly what it's getting real soon. It's gotta be up in the 20's for what I've put into it! Much better!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
jdgomez69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: NADA value Reply with quote

Well, according to www.nada.com my 84 GL is worth (Average retail) 4,850.00 (high retail) 7,575.00. I just got it appraised for my insurance at 4,000.00! I go through American Family ins. And since it's 20 years old and not driven everyday I pay 422.00 A year for FULL coverage insurance! Something about it being an antique and not my main car. Of course that's with multi car discount rental property ins. discount and married discount. You all might want to check into it!

Original MSRP: $12,175

Low Retail Average Retail High Retail
Base Price

$2,850 $4,850 $7,575

TOTAL PRICE $2,850
$4,850
$7,575
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: