Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Early NAPA heater hose
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Early NAPA heater hose Reply with quote

OK, I know there is a list of coolent coolant heater hose hoses pipes pipe at:
http://www.loam.org/vw/Vanagon/VWtoNapaHoses

But I was unable to find a list of hoses for the earlier vans. I need for 83.5 to 85. I have a leaky heater hose. The heater feed from the right head to the heater core (s). It is part number 251 265 056B (325mm) or 251 265 056 (525mm) can be cut. http://www.vanagain.com/19lchc.htm is a wonderful list of hoses and I need #13. A superb substitute hose is a NAPA 10965 35 inch (889mm) 1 inch to 5/8 heater hose. http://www.napaautoparts.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster...e+-+Heater

Do any of you have any other good substitute hoses part numbers / sources? Our early vans need this list worse than the later ones, as the hoses are getting harder to get. In fact, I got the last 251 265 056B hose, but I do not what to be stuck again!

I suggest we start a list of substitute hoses for the earlier vans. There seem to be plenty still running around.

What do you say all?????

Thanks,
Walt...

1990 Multivan EJ 22, Rancho trans 0.82 4th, Small Car front AC, CLKs w/ 215/65-16, homemade big brakes 303mm, Konis, Recaros, etc....

Click to see my ads for Cup holders, Subaru clutch fix and CLK wheels (no wheels currently)
rngr633
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 84 Vanagon has bad heater hoses too. Those are my next project- as soon as I get it running! I was thinking of experimenting with these:

http://stores.ebay.com/MrTailLight-com_Silicone-Hose_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

1984 Vanagon GL
2000 Golf TDI
Ericthenorse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it is not the same as a list, but these guys have a lot of the hoses you need ... If they don't have it listed, they might still have it...Just not enough to list online.... Very Happy Very Happy http://www.van-cafe.com/vanagonparts.jsp?ct=400775244&pa=pct&pct=1005977602
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, those guys up in Santa Cruz do have some of the hoses. I ordered their brass H pipe. I just got a bunch of hoses at Inter Auto Parts (a So Cal flaps) and I noticed the typical IMC stickers. I do not buy enough anymore to warrent an account with IMC or any of the true wholesalers. Sad But, I do get a deal on parts from a particular high volume wholesale VW dealer and they always beat the online normal Vanagon online places. But it is tough to beat Inter, at least down here in San Diego. I did get another hose at Napa. H1111 is the 5/8 hose you need in several places. 6 feet for under $7 is not too bad. http://www.napaautoparts.com/masterpages/NOLMaster...e+-+Heater

Soon I will have all the hoses and dodads and will be removing the automatic cooler in favor of a air cooler. At the same time I am ditching some of the extra hoses for the rear hear. I hate those hose ends under the rear seat just itching to leak. I gain in reliablity and a reduction in the cost of hoses. Those automatic cooler hoses are pretty pricy for what they are, too.

Please beaware that parts for our Vanagons are going obsolete. The two hoses in the front for the radiator are obsolete. The lower return line is a tough one. But the H revision hose may be cut to fit, maybe. The upper hose is NLA and I will have to find something at Napa for it. Also of note, is that even some of the bulk "N" hose stock is obsolete. Napa here we come!

I urge you not to wait several years before you get a selection of hoses. The time will come when we really will be wanting for early water cooled Vanagon hoses. I hope this gets us looking for substitute hoses. I have found 2; how about the rest of you?????????

1990 Multivan EJ 22, Rancho trans 0.82 4th, Small Car front AC, CLKs w/ 215/65-16, homemade big brakes 303mm, Konis, Recaros, etc....

Click to see my ads for Cup holders, Subaru clutch fix and CLK wheels (no wheels currently)
shadetreemech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to bump this topic. As I found by searching The Samba, I used the NAPA 10965 hose as a substitute for the VW 251 265 56B. Its one of those hoses with different size ends: this one is from the head by the the #1 cylinder (on a 1.9) to the T for the heaters. NAPA's hose is about half the cost of VW's hose (and they give a 10% AAA discount). I called yesterday and picked one up this morning. I changed out hoses this morning in between rain showers.

Just a thought in case you get stuck for one of these odd-style hoses. Not that they're NLA, yet.

Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crowinghen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this up as I'm looking for hoses and finding them hard to come by.

Has anyone found any other nAPA hoses that will fit the 1.9's?
I'm looking for 025-121-102 in particular.
thanks!

susie
SL1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only replacement I have seen for the 025-121-102 is the one TK makes. Not cheap but cheaper than changing engine....

I have seen a couple guys who made thier own with bits and pieces.

I'm gonna bite the bullet and get the BD kit and TK's replacement.

What are your metal pipes like on the right side? mine were VERY rusty, so I got the 'pipe patch'. One less thing to worry about.

Good Luck
crowinghen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to take a look.... thanks for the heads up!

Susie
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: