Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

tires again
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
montemerrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: tires again Reply with quote

hi there all

i just heard about 4 mounted 205r 15 on eurovan rims load c reinforced sidewall "nord frost" winter tires for 250 dollars with only 6000 miles on them - is there a compelling reason to not increast the tire size - right now i'm using 185r14

this is a pretty limited time offer and the price is good - just don't know enough to really consider why do one or the other (the other is a set of 4hankook from bus depot)

thanks for any opinions

in these dark and perilous times its nice to have something like a vanagon providing infinite (seeming) opportunities for distraction from the actual world, if in fact it is the actual world
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pocvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with 195R14s on my van and am happy with them. I didn't do the 205R14s for two reasons: cost difference and that I had heard that if you don't have power steering, it's a little harder to turn the wheels with the wider tire.

1980 VW Westfalia
montemerrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i decided on keeping the 14 inch wheels - seems like there would be issues with tire clearance in the front and the power steering thing is no joke.

Money has the smell of dead fish or refuse
but then you get used to it.
- Ananda Surya
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: