Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

David Ray-Salem - EagleWings - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: EagleWings
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 14, 2006
EagleWings
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: (YAWN) Reply with quote

Well, it may not have been a high dollar item, but principle has no price, or at least it shouldn't.

I made an honest mistake and was called a cheat. On the other hand, Mike (Clembus) admits that he was NOT planning on returning the first handle at all, which is a bit presumptuous on his part if not a bit dishonest. That is why I in defense of his accusation, did indeed say, "Clembus is a liar, a cheater, scam artist and con artist". He only got it back from his friend after I told him that he needed to return it if he expected me to send the other one out, and that is why I was feeling like he was trying to "burn" me.

Any business you buy something from will always try to get you the right part if an error is made, but they always expect the purchased item to be returned as well. That's all I was doing, and if you think any different, I invite you to read the full context of the consecutive emails, between me and Clembus (prior to and leading up to this forum here); they are posted here a few posts back, and see if what I am telling you is true or not.

I challenge Mike (Clembus) to step up to the plate and at least admit that part of the fault for this whole incident was his... if he has the nads!
Clembus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, for goodness sake.

I only gave away the handle because months had passed and I never expected the correct one.
I offered to pay instead at every turn.
Even then I got the handle back immediately for return.

I will NOT accept any responsibilty over this. YOU sent the wrong part. YOU took an age to find it. YOU made no effort to make good your error ... until forced via this forum.
Admit that it was bad dealing on your part and get over it.

Whats more galling is you coming on here spouting Christian values ..... it beggars belief.
EagleWings
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is evident from the emails that you were not intending on sending back the handle at all until pressured... And it is also evident that I was totally willing to send you the other... just read!
Clembus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever goes on in your world I cannot comprehend.
I posted the problem, and many have given an independant opinion. It leaves just you shouting how unfair it all is.
Ill let you reflect upon that.
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For God's sake EagleWings, give it a rest! You messed up, you ignored your customer, you refused to make it right until public pressure got the best of you, and STILL you blame your customer.

Clem did nothing wrong, no one is on your side. Do you not see that? There's a line that you shouldn't cross when doing business and you crossed it long ago.

The damage is done, you didn't learn anything at all.
'64 Kombi
'62 Beetle
'61 Standard Bus, Mango
EagleWings
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: (YAWN) again... Reply with quote

Look, people, all I said was, OK, lets see if Clembus can be a man, step up to the plate and admit the part of the fault that is his; he caused me to pull back by NOT intending on sending back the original handle. It's obvious that he can't, or won't, admit to that, plainly shown by the emails posted, so I guess that is my answer. He wants all the blame to fall on my shoulders, and if you all want to persist in your paltry little false witch hunt, then so be it. I have admitted to the fault in this incident that was mine, and all I was asking was will Clembus admit to HIS part. If you actually READ the emails that I posted, you can see that it was my original intention to just replace the first handle with the second all along. If you do not READ the consequetive emails to see the conversation that Clembus and Eaglewings had, concerning the return of the handle, and come to the same understanding, then I must conclude you do not care about what is true and you are just intent on being donkey's behinds about the whole matter.
Clembus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, honestly, it was all my fault.
Im really sorry. I must have been a fool to try and get away with it. Eaglewings - you are innocent and vindicated, I was trying to con you all along.
You SHALL go to heaven.

There you go. Happy?

Rolling Eyes
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than a month ago, I shipped out the wrong side, rear fender to a buyer. He had emailed me with how happy he was with the packaging and that he had recieved the fender, shipped Greyhound. About a week later, he apparently OPENED the box to look at the fender to find out it was the wrong side. Do you think I let him stew for months? No, I sent out the correct fender within a week. I lost on that deal, but was my own fault. It wasn't even worth trying to recover the other fender considering the shipping was twice the part cost!
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clembus wrote:
Im really sorry. I must have been a fool to try and get away with it. Eaglewings - you are innocent and vindicated, I was trying to con you all along.
You SHALL go to heaven.

There you go. Happy?

Rolling Eyes

Clem,

Thank you for admitting your "fault." Wink

EagleWings,

There. He "admitted" it. Can we please never hear from you again now?
'64 Kombi
'62 Beetle
'61 Standard Bus, Mango
newbugguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: (YAWN) again... Reply with quote

EagleWings wrote:
...then I must conclude you do not care about what is true and you are just intent on being donkey's behinds about the whole matter.

If the last five pages haven't accurately described your selling ethics, then your above quote should wrap it up in a nutshell.
For a semi-inexpensive product in which you were selling, and incidentally, sent an even cheaper product to the buyer, it sure seems like you’re risking more business (or the lack there of) with potential customers down the road with your continuing comments of wrong doing.

Problem with your logic is simple; you have forgotten about customer service, and plainly, doing the right thing. This thread didn't start based on the fact that Clembus gave away a common handle...it started that you sent the wrong one per the advertisement, wanted to charge Clembus the same high price for the cheap handle. And on top of that, you wanted to charge the same full-blown price for the correct handle. In a nutshell you wanted Clembus to pay for your mistake.

Perhaps in the future, especially if the initial mistake was yours, you should just eat the couple of dollars to make it right. Doing so, would have gained this thread as a positive one on your behalf, rather than warning all potential buyers to stay away from you.

Good job! Razz
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clembus wrote:
You SHALL go to heaven.

There you go. Happy?

Rolling Eyes

At last--- an honest admission of guilt.
I have friends (or at least they used to be) who are now B.A.s
They tell me that you must get up in front of the entire congregation
in their shopping center churches and publicly detail all of your sins.
Yes-- name names and go into lurid detail.
(Eaglewings-- will you now go to the Church of the Shopping Mall and
tell all the B.A.s you wanted to fuck a fellow human being?)
(( over a stupid door handle for a stupid German station wagon?))
KombiMonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, and I'm move'n to the Salem area soon.... I guess I know who to avoid

Good to see you got the right handle Clembus

*WANTED*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EagleWings
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: and further.... Reply with quote

To all the drama queens who persist in the frenzy of beating up poor ol' Eaglewings... I love how you totally miss the important points in your scramble to dump on Him and totally absolve Clembus, even holding up Clembus's false admitance of guilt as some kind of badge of honor. For the sake of clarity, I will list those said "points", so that everyone will clearly understand what I am referring to.

Point #1.) Eaglewings was accused of NOT offering to replace the incorrect handle with the correct one. That is totally false as shown by the posted emails between Eaglewings and Clembus.

Point #2.) Eaglewings was accused of not even HAVING the correct handle and challenged to post a picture, which he did, with NO apology from those who made the accusation, after being shown wrong.

Point #3.) Eaglewings was accused of PURPOSELY trying to cheat a fellow VW enthusiast, when the FACTS show that it was only an honest mistake. Again, NO apology from those who were shown to be wrong.

Point #4. Eaglewings was brought on the carpet even for his profession of Christianity, being called a hypocrite and worse, just because he dared stand up to someone who he believed was trying to take advantage of his mistake and get a free handle, essentially two for the price of one.

Point #5.) Eaglewings admitted to being a bit obstinate with Clembus after Clembus changed his tune about originally not intending on sending back the wrong handle.

Point #6.) Clembus still acts like he is innocent in all this, even spouting a false admittance of guilt, just like a punk teenager does to parents to get them to just shut up. And many of you encourage him with your biased rhetoric, based on your wrong perception of the character of Eaglewings.

Point #7.) And there are some of you who expect Eaglewings to just shut up and go away while you sit in your smug self-righteousness judgement of him, trying your best to cause harm to his good name, ruin his reputation, and not just question his character, but attempt to run it in the gutter. I doubt if any of you who are doing this, if you were so wrongfully accused, that you would just "roll over" and accept it.

Having stated these points, I hope you just try to understand, and drop the one-sided diatribe, grant a little forgiveness and move on.

I value my name and have strove for more than twenty five years in the VW industry to always treat people fairly and honestly. Anyone who wants to attack my reputation wrongfully will find a fight on their hands, because I put my name and reputation above money.

A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches.
Proverbs 22:1
4c-ounce-jamboree
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no blasphemy intended here, but... holy crap already.

eaglewings, simply, you handled this situation poorly. had you simply apologized and made things right for your clembus, you may have actually come away with some extra credit.
i think you should try to take this mistake and try to learn from it, but your going to have to humble yourself some in order to do that.
im not seeing much validity in any of the "points" you have listed above.
EagleWings
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Goodness gwacious! Reply with quote

Let's see now, are you purposely trying to misconstrue my words or are you just a little confused about understanding the King's English...

When I said "I have never worried about feedback here" should I have added "until now" to help you in your understanding? because OBVIOUSLY what I meant and would be clear to anyone with a basic understanding of the language.

Or are you grasping at straws to make me look like the bad person? I have not changed my story one bit (except to add details) since I started, as you imply that I did, but obviously I have changed my MIND on the feedback issue.
Matt K.
Paint and Body Nutcase

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eaglewings, it is time to move on, hopefully you have learned a valuable lesson on customer service. It is really time to stop beating a dead horse, leave clembus alone and stop putting yourself further into the hole in which your are digging yourself. Most people can forgive a mistake, it just human error.....................but to keep dragging it on and on is only keeping you in the spotlight and further tarnishing your reputation on which seems to be lacking any positive.
Clembus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Goodness gwacious! Reply with quote

EagleWings wrote:
Let's see now, are you purposely trying to misconstrue my words or are you just a little confused about understanding the King's English...

When I said "I have never worried about feedback here" should I have added "until now" to help you in your understanding? because OBVIOUSLY what I meant and would be clear to anyone with a basic understanding of the language.

Or are you grasping at straws to make me look like the bad person? I have not changed my story one bit (except to add details) since I started, as you imply that I did, but obviously I have changed my MIND on the feedback issue.

That posting had almost as many contradictions as your story about the handle.
Theres nothing new to be said now. Maybe just do your next deals impeccably and get some positive vibes?
Lets put this into perspective, it was only one deal that got messed up (via this forum, anyway).

Onwards and upwards. I honestly think this is now case closed, for everyones sanity.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: