Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

FITTING FENDERS?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: FITTING FENDERS? Reply with quote

I HAVE A 1973 SUPER BEETLE CONVERTIBLE THAT NEEDS REAR FENDERS.WHAT YEARS WILL FIT,AND WILL STANDARD BETTLE FENDERS FIT?I APPRECIATE ANY HELP...THANKS,RANDY.
74supers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: FITTING FENDERS? Reply with quote

Randy,

The first super was 71. So what I'm saying is a 71-73 fender will fit it. If your looking to buy new I would suggest Italian or Danish made fenders they are the strongest and best quality. The Real source has them for 70.00 a piece and you can go to their website @ madirect.com No standard will not fit because the tail lights are different Smile
oregonian52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:29 am    Post subject: FITTING FENDERS? Reply with quote

Only 73 fenders are a direct replacement for 73 Beetles, and any 73 be it standard and Super had the large tail lights. 74 and after had the shock absorber bumpers with different fenders. 72 and before had the tombstone style tail lights. But to answer your question, all 68 to 73 fenders will fit. Just the tailight holes will be different.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: