Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Air Conditioning Repair needed Seattle Area
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herself
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Air Conditioning Repair needed Seattle Area Reply with quote

Hi!
I had air conditioning when I bought this van a year ago, 1987 Westfalia, but recently had to drive through 112 degrees for several hours and get cooked without air conditioning.

I am now on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State and would love to find someone who can repair the air conditioning. There is no one local. I'm willing to drive a bit to be cool.

Please advise me of anyone in the Seattle area (within 100 miles or so) who can help. Thanks.
gcbbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only honest VW mechanic in my area is Autovise which is in Lynnwood (about 20 miles N/O Seattle). You could take the ferry over here faster than driving through Seattle. I don't know if they fix air-conditioning but give them a call at 425-672-4366. If they don't do air-conditioning they'll be able to steer you to a shop they would recommend.
Herself
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Foreign air cond is different than American Reply with quote

I just remembered what the air repair folks said here, that foreign air cond repair is different than U.S. I will try the VW folks you mentioned. Lynwood is right on the way to visit my sister in Kirkland. Thanks. Maybe also I can try air repair folks that do other foreign air cond. There is one here but not trustworthy. Trust makes all the difference, eh?
gcbbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autovise has done excellent work. They repair all Volkswagens air and water cooled. I've seen some really nice work done on some restoring projects taken into their shop. There is a parts store next door they own that specializes in classic VW parts that are usually only obtainable through the catalogs. Sure beats paying shipping and waiting for a part. The address is 2200 196th Street SW,Lynnwood,WA.98036. Mapquest the address and you'll find it easily. Ask for Doug.
Herself
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: EXCELLENT! Reply with quote

SUPER EXCELLENT AND THANK YOU SO MUCH. I AM HAPPY TO KNOW ABOUT THIS.
BEST REGARDS!
dml550
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Air Conditioning Repair needed Seattle Area Reply with quote

Resurrecting a post from long ago - Now, in 2024, can anyone recommend an honest air conditioning repair shop in the Seattle area that has experience with Vanagons?

I have the seemingly common "A/C works after recharge, but only for a month but there are no detectable leaks" issue. I know it will be pricey to replace the hoses, but I am willing to pay *if* the repair will last for a reasonable time.

thanks for any advice,

David
'89 Westfalia
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Conditioning Repair needed Seattle Area Reply with quote

Quote:
I just remembered what the air repair folks said here, that foreign air cond repair is different than U.S

No.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: