Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

dutchboyvw - Mike Johnson - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: dutchboyvw
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 07, 2024
djnacho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: MIKE Reply with quote

i do lots of deals with mike and i never had anything bad to say of him ...all the stuff is just as good as he post it on the samba
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zzhayward
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: [email protected] Reply with quote

Well I went ahead and dealt with Mike even though there seemed to be a lot of confusion from other customers as to what they ordered and what they got. Well it happened to me. I called him and talked several times and then emailed him a detailed list and then sent a detailed list of what I was ordering to him along with the check. In my list I was detailed as to what I wanted and what I did not want so there was no confusion as to what we had talked about. When the package arrived I got the window crank I had ordered and also the the slide arm I specificly did not want. I did not get the engine release cable I paid for. I got two rocker plate covers where I wanted and ordered one. I got two gas doors where I said I did not want or need, I only wanted the release cable. I did not get my 4 hub caps nor the front amber turn signal lens. Also sans on the horn relay. Maybe he had someone pull and ship the stuff who never was in our conversations, or he figures if he sends me enough stuff I will have received some sort of balance in value. I have emailed him and no response so far. I do not want to be strung along nor have to deal with this sort of person. I will regretfully pass on having any more business with him as he is a drain on my time and money.
zzhayward
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I posted on here I called him and he picked right up on my phone call. He was tiffed that I had e-mailed him earlier asking if he forgot about the customer after the sale. He said that emailing him was chicken s--t and he wouldn't see my email for a day anyway and just call him. Funny he new about my email (the one he was to get that night). He said that he took full responsibility for the error in shipping but wanted to know several times in our conversation that "if these parts were so important to me, why did I order them from him?" This was in regards to me asking how the order came to me wrong. He said he would make good on my order, that he had it all there "in front of him" and would send it out yesterday. We shall see. I suspect from what I can tell is that he runs a small chop shop with friends and family supplying him with bodies. He probably doesn't have much of a accounting system (cash) and doesn't keep track of his accounts or customers. He probably oversells what he has (think Jim Baker) and knows he will get something in soon to make up his shortages. From what I received in addition to what I ordered, it appears he is also dumping his junk out with his parts so he doesn't have a garbage bill to pay (why not as the customer is paying shipping). I resolved his question to my satisfaction as I will not deal with him again. My parts are important to me. He doesn't think my parts are important. He has been a vexation to me at this point. Keep on posting.
zzhayward
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: dutchboyvw Reply with quote

I got an email from mike this morning with photo attachments showing a money order in my name and a package labeled and stamped to me (my parts). His email said to keep the parts and he was returning the money. I think he watches this feedback thread and doesn't want to get booted off of the Samba. Hopefully everything will occur as he said it would. As a note of caution, I believe he was fishing for me to get upset with him. He kept trying to get me to rise to the bait that I had dissed him when my email to him asked if he forgot the customer once he got the money. I told him that this was an honest question as I did not know him and things like that sometimes occur in internet sales.
My problem was that the order was so far off in what was ordered and what was shipped that something is wrong with his business model. From reading the buyer feedback on him before ordering, I was unsure if some of what I read was due to no documentation between buyer and seller, as most complaints seemed to get resolved eventually. That is why I over-documented everything in my emails so there was a record to go back to and see what had happened. He doesn't like this record. I will stay away from him as I can see nothing but problems dealing with him. This is a pain for me as he seems to have a lot of everything and I have two more VW's to restore. A double dose of buyer beware here.
sdebaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Great service Reply with quote

Very-conscientious seller. Good to do business with. I recommend.
TONYWILL1965
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike resolved all issues even tho they where beyond his control,will do more business in the future...
eagle5127
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A man of few words but a man of his word ! I have complete respect for his honest professionalism...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zzhayward
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Mike Reply with quote

I was surprised by mike sending me the parts I had paid for and also getting my money back. The window winder was broke but the hubcaps were nice. I did come out ahead valuewise but still feel like it was a lot of effort to get from him what I had ordered. I have decided to deal locally (HouseofGhia) so I have more control over what I am getting. Mike will send you anything off a car but no guessing what kind of condition it is in.
sawdust3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to pass along some kind words about Mike Johnson. I ordered a rear fender from Mike, one that he said was in pristine shape, and I'll be darned if it wasn't. He shipped and packaged it in a timely manner, tossed it on Greyhound and got it to me at a very reasonable cost.

Thanks Mike. I will do business with you again.

Craig
SLC, Utah
Hans
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a motor from Mike, when I got there it was completely detailed and looked awesome!! Threw it in the ride and runs like a dream!!!
Thanks Mike Very Happy
montybur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a set of seat belts from Mike, reasonably priced, and arrived promptly in excellent condition. Would do business again.

Thank you, Mike! Very Happy
Roger Larsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: mike is a good selletr Reply with quote

I am pleased with Mike as a seller. I bought a front bumper and brackets for a 68 bug at a very reasonable price. He also sent a nice rear bumper blade at no extra cost. As I said I am very happy with Mike but on the other hand Greyhound I am not. He sent it out on 3-7-11 and sent me a Greyhound GLI number to track it with. I finally got the bumpers on 3-24-11 after using the GLI number to call my Greyhound station several times so they could find it. I am not sure if I had not made a big issue about it if I would have ever seen my bumpers. I don't know if this is a normal thing for Greyhound or if it is the part of the world I live in. Again Mike did everything on his end just as he should have. Thanks Mike
AWC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my channels yesterday on the bus. Just about what I expected. Fair price including shipping. Was not exactly what i saw in the photos but good quality steel for the price. I was looking for OG 71' channels and by my guess these are 68' or 69'. The heater outlets are in the forward section with louvers and the slide door with crooked wire set up. My 71' the outlet is on the side member and completely open with no louvers. I did not call Mike on this because what I needed them for they are just fine. I am sure that he would make it right if I were to call him, but again they have everything I need. I will buy from Mike again. Great attitude and quick to reply.
NoBudgetVWGarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good deal on my fenders today. Sorry for showing up outta the blue. Will definatley be callin Mike again. Thanks dude.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
disneysvw1955
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike was awesome to deal with! I needed a luggage compartment and he had several to choice from and the price was great! I'll be back to buy parts for my 67 bug.
twomonkeysayoyo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to buy a tranny strap from him. Contacted Mike, sent required funds in two checks April 13. Have not heard from him, checks have not been cashed, and I wrote him the 6th to ask what was going on, no answer. I don't have my strap but I'm looking at two canceled check fees. Not pleased.
redbaja69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a pair of heater channels from Mike. They were advertised to be solid and rust free. so I called him to find out how much shipping was and let him know that i was sending him a money order. A couple weeks later they arrived at the greyhound station. after i got them home and unwrapped them I found that the passanger side channel has a rust hole that i can fit two fingers in! This was not in the pictures or the description.Other than that they are in good shape.Just didnt expect them to need rust repair. I emailed him a week ago to let him know about this.No response yet.
twomonkeysayoyo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no reply, no tranny strap.
Joe Reynolds
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike and I exchanged several emails on a set of wheels he had up for sale. Gave him details on the nearest Greyhound station and he sent me the shipped price. My weekend got crazy and I didn't call him as I planned to, but he emailed me to verify that I still wanted the wheels. Confirmed I did and called on Monday before I ran to the PO for a money order.

Mike said he would have the wheels ready to go and I believe that he did. It would appear that as soon as Mike got the MO he put the wheels on a bus in my direction. He called and emailed to let me know they were on the way and when to expect them. As it turns out they got here a day earlier and were exactly what he advertised and described in our phone conversation.

Mike did a great job on selling/shipping the wheels. I couldn't be happier.

Thanks Mike.
rpwrangler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My transaction with Mike went great! He has good quality items, good communications and fast shipping. What more could you ask for? Thanks Mike!! Very Happy Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: