Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Window crank clip (Duh!)
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Window crank clip (Duh!) Reply with quote

Does anyone repop this? Or is there something close to it at my local hardware store? Anyone have any suggestions?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by Critter1 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
R.Rabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

junkyard and always be VERY careful when pulling them out. Oh have a magnet handy if you do drop one. Wink
SBS #5
'54 RHD Swedish 3-fold
'60 L345 Doppelkabine
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BerT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does anyone repop this? Or is there something close to it at my local hardware store? Anyone have any suggestions?

I have lots of NOS ones !

BerT3
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BerT3 wrote:
Quote:

I have lots of NOS ones !

BerT3

I have one used one.... I need to double that !
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.Rabbit wrote:
junkyard and always be VERY careful when pulling them out. Oh have a magnet handy if you do drop one. Wink

And don't ever remove your door handles on the lawn...

I put a bath towel under the door, the clips will stick to it and not bounce into oblivion.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
R.Rabbit wrote:

I put a bath towel under the door, the clips will stick to it and not bounce into oblivion.
You have lawns in Arizona? Shocked
I just make sure to have a strong magnet whenever I have to take something small that that off. I've actually never dropped one while removing it. I guess I've just been lucky.

FU#3
SquareTone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
EverettB wrote:
R.Rabbit wrote:

You have lawns in Arizona? Shocked
I just make sure to have a strong magnet whenever I have to take something small that that off. I've actually never dropped one while removing it. I guess I've just been lucky.

They have gravel that they paint green. That's why it's so bad when things start bouncing around. They get down in all those little gaps and you'll never find them.

"...it is a well known fact, that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to it."
Help Improve TheSamba
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUH!
I just happen to be at Kragen recycling some used oil when I passed through the "HELP" section and spotted these. Here I am thinking I needed some special "Made in Germany" part. Of course there isn't an exact match in this pack, but there is one that was close enough. I had to shorten the legs and flatten it some with a ball peen hammer so it would fit the groove of the crank handle.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it work?

The wire gauge looks to be too thick on all of those as compared to originals.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Did it work?

The wire gauge looks to be too thick on all of those as compared to originals.

Yes it fit after I reshaped it a little. They are too thick, but I taped it down on the vise and flattened it some with a hammer until it fit into the groove of the crank handle.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: