Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My Thing is out of hibernation!
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MedicTed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: My Thing is out of hibernation! Reply with quote

I got my Thing running on Friday after work. I don't think I put 200 miles on her last year. I have been needing to change the steering dampner and get new tires. So, I took her to work on Saturday and gave her a good bath. Got to cruise home with the top down. Man, have I missed that.

So, I get about four blocks from home and she begins to sputter and dies. I had gotten gas on the way to work, so that was not the problem. I opened the hood and began looking around and found that the fuel pump pivot rod had walked almost out of the pump. After a walk home for tools, I pulled the pump, reassembled and reinstalled it. She fired back up. Now I need to order new gaskets and use one of my spare pumps.
bmwloco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it was something simple. Nothing like an old VW to keep you on your toes.

It's one reason I have a full tool roll (from an old BMW Motorcycle) in each of my VWs. Sooner or later you're going to need that wrench/pliers/tape/etc.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: