Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

14 inch Tires - 185, 195, 205
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
CREGAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great replies and pics! Keep'em coming.
Samboni
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Nokian Hakkapeliitta CS Reply with quote

My Vanagon came with factory alloys and the stock tire would have been a 205/70R14 Reinforced tire. Previous owner had old set of car tires on there and I wanted something with proper load rating. I bought two Continental Vanco 185R14 and put them on the rear. They definately stand up to any load but even when brand new had terrible traction on any ice or snow.

After being embarrased on level snowy surfaces once too often I bought the Nokian Hakkapeliitta CS 195R14. I really like them. They are quite a bit taller, have excellent traction, seem to last well even on gravel roads and are of proper load range.

I drive on a lot of back roads and therefore do appreciate the taller tire.
They are not cheap but well worth it. Nokian also uses environmentally friendly production, if anyone cares.
singler3360
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Nokian Hakkapeliitta CS Reply with quote

Samboni wrote:
I bought the Nokian Hakkapeliitta CS 195R14. I really like them. They are quite a bit taller, have excellent traction, seem to last well even on gravel roads and are of proper load range.

I drive on a lot of back roads and therefore do appreciate the taller tire.
They are not cheap but well worth it. Nokian also uses environmentally friendly production, if anyone cares.

I have these tires and really like them too. Haven't regretted the extra cost.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: