Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official European Standard and Canadian Custom Oval thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sinclair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official European Standard and Canadian Custom Oval thread Reply with quote

finster wrote:
very nice! like the dark blue too...any history known?

Every minute detail from 97 onwards all credit to the precious two owners.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Official European Standard and Canadian Custom Oval thread Reply with quote

Our newest Canadian Custom family member, a July 57 Horizon Blue oval. This bug is special to me. It belonged to my mom’s cousin for 30 years, they were advanced vintage VW collectors. One day when I was 15 I mentioned to my mom I like the look of those old VW bugs. She said she her cousin Nancy had one. It was this car. So shortly we went over there to see it and the rest of my VW addiction is history. I fell in love with pre-58 VWs. When I got my beginners licence a couple months later she let me drive it, all stock 36hp split case etc. I was sold. I went to prom in it a few years later, bought my first CDN custom and have had dozens of VWs since. So fortunate to be the next steward for this car. It runs and drives great and the original blaupunkt tube radio works great!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Riff Raff
Shivering Sambian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official European Standard and Canadian Custom Oval thread Reply with quote

Woot!!!!
Congrats on the score of the time capsule Eric!
Looks like a great little car
Puttering about in a stock oval is a really satisfying, unique driving experience.

Motivation for me to spend the last 5 hours on mine to get it on the road!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official European Standard and Canadian Custom Oval thread Reply with quote

I often wonder what happened to this car:

Don
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official European Standard and Canadian Custom Oval thread Reply with quote

sunroof wrote:
I often wonder what happened to this car:

Don

I could ask the former owner. He has had a few CCs.
sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Official European Standard and Canadian Custom Oval thread Reply with quote

Quote:

I was out at his place a couple of years ago and saw his collection. He told me he sold it to an American so presumably it is South of the border somewhere.

Don
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official European Standard and Canadian Custom Oval thread Reply with quote

sunroof wrote:
Quote:

I was out at his place a couple of years ago and saw his collection. He told me he sold it to an American so presumably it is South of the border somewhere.

Don

Montreal
sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official European Standard and Canadian Custom Oval thread Reply with quote

The car is in Montreal?

Don
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: Official European Standard and Canadian Custom Oval thread Reply with quote

sunroof wrote:
The car is in Montreal?

Don

Yes
rillette
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Official European Standard and Canadian Custom Oval thread Reply with quote

Yes, in Montréal.
sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official European Standard and Canadian Custom Oval thread Reply with quote

Vancouver to Montreal, I'm just glad it stayed in Canada.

Don
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: