Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'67 Split Window Bus Dash Question
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
akajenfer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: '67 Split Window Bus Dash Question Reply with quote

Hi!

I have a '67 split window dash that I came across and I've been trying to find some pricing info on it so I can sell it. I don't want to over/under price myself. I was hoping you nice folks on here might be able to help a girl out.

https://goo.gl/photos/idhxzSnReFkYvKfE8
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: '67 Split Window Bus Dash Question Reply with quote

someone else will give you more detail but it's not a 67 - they have a different radio hole.

couple hundred at least as the radio part is not hacked. If the speedo and gas gauge are good that will be more.

look at the back of the gauges - there will be a date (but they may not be the originals)
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: '67 Split Window Bus Dash Question Reply with quote

1962-66 dash.

Best way to price, it is to do a search of the classifieds, and put a price that is less than most are asking for their's.
akajenfer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: '67 Split Window Bus Dash Question Reply with quote

Thanks so much Erik G! It had a business card with '67 on it taped to the back so I was semi guessing. I had someone tell me it was in that vicinity. I will check out the back of the gauges when I get home.
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: '67 Split Window Bus Dash Question Reply with quote

I would think 62, tell us what the gauges say. :)

No hole for red light for emergency flashers, which would be to left of speedo. 66 doesn't have that either, but, has more holes for switches to right of dash. I only see one switch hole to right of dash.
But 62-66 is a good guesstimate. Someone could always add holes.

ads for "dash'

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?...ton=Search

Yours has a speedo, gas guage, and ash tray. I'd think it would sell at $200.
Sometimes things sell if you ask more, but you may have to wait longer.
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: '67 Split Window Bus Dash Question Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
, has more holes for switches to right of dash. I only see one switch hole to right of dash.

Think Clara means right of speedo pod, instead of dash. Yes, one can always add in later holes, but not anywhere as easy to add in 1967 radio hole or earlier pointed top corner speedo pod.
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: '67 Split Window Bus Dash Question Reply with quote

I left out that euro spec buses did not have emergency lights as early. While a US spec 63-66 would have the red light to left of speedo and 63-66 would have the emergency switch to right of headlight switch, if euro spec 63-66 it would not. Wink

Anyhow, it is unlikely it would be euro in the US, and this would not affect value.
olliehank47
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: '67 Split Window Bus Dash Question Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
I would think 62, tell us what the gauges say. Smile

No hole for red light for emergency flashers, which would be to left of speedo. 66 doesn't have that either, but, has more holes for switches to right of dash (pod). I only see one switch hole to right of dash.
But 62-66 is a good guesstimate. Someone could always add holes.

ads for "dash'

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?...ton=Search

Yours has a speedo, gas guage, and ash tray. I'd think it would sell at $200.
Sometimes things sell if you ask more, but you may have to wait longer.

You can't dismiss the dash as a '67 due to the radio opening as early '67's had the smaller hole. However, I think Clara has nailed it due to the lack of holes for the emergency light switch. That would eliminate this particular dash as a '67, except if it was a Euro.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: