Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VolksRod question
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
keith.kelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: VolksRod question Reply with quote

hey guys i was looking some info on a volksrod ive been to volksrod.com and researched style and everything that goes with the things but i wanted to know what you guys thought about it. (i registered with them but havent been approved yet I dont Know Why) i wanted to do a 6in wider buggy beam with my extender and do all this to my 63 beetle that the yahoo that owned it before me chopped the apron up and made it a baja. i wanted to make it a volksrod because it has a ragtop and i think it might look cool. if i could find a chop shop near me in San Diego i would chop it. i want to know how do you drop the rear end down? and do you think that the wider beam would give it a nice stance? and finally should i leave the the fiberglass front where the lights are they're close in the middle of the front or convert it back to the regular hood . i think the fiberglass would look cool and who is to tell me what a volksrod should look like. thanks for any and all responses. i know this is a essay question but inquiring minds would like to know.
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksRod question Reply with quote

keith.kelly wrote:
my 63 beetle that the yahoo that owned it before me chopped the apron up and made it a baja.

so the guy who made it a Baja is a yahoo, but making it a volksrod is ok?

Rolling Eyes
keith.kelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i figured it was already F**ked up and lost its cool and value and i dont have the cash to take it back to orignal so i might as well have some fun
drscope
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Volksrod or a hot rod should look any way you want it to. There is no one stereo type for either.

The volksrod site has a lot of neat cars, it's just difficult to find them through all the folks that want to build but never do.

Look hard over there and you'll find what you need.

Send an e-mail to Steve who runs the site and he'll correct your sign up problem.

I have to run RIGHT NOW, but I'll try to PM youlatter with some more info.
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just bustin chops over the Yahoo comment Wink

good luck in the build, i hope you finish it. keep us posted
keith.kelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah man no prob i was just defending my choice. no skin off my back little bustin of the balls or chops is good for a man anyways keeps ya in check. Im proably gonna start this month or next need a little cash for the exender and the wider beam then im go go go on the project-o. Hey thanks drscope i actully just got activated thanks man for the encouagement.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: