Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Karma - Part it forward
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SWbySWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

So the point of this thread is to get karma by giving things away that you don't need. Generally van related or connected.

(Moderator edit)
Here's how this thread works:
1) Post a list of parts you would like to give away for free (or for cost of shipping).
2) If you want any of the listed parts, send the "seller" a PM (private message).
3) Once you've parted-it-forward, please edit your post with GONE! at the top; if you have multiple items, place a GONE!=> in front of the part(s) you've karma'd. If it's too late to edit your post, please PM a moderator and s/he will do it for you.

Please keep pointless banter out of this thread, this includes "thanks!" replies. Any posts not listing parts up for grabs will be removed.

If you see something you want, but the seller won't ship, go to this topic to find someone who's willing to drive it to you:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693686 .

Thread purged:
Nov. 3, 2012
June 2, 2013
April 3, 2015
March 6, 2018
(/moderator edit)

Karma idea:
*You may NOT receive an item and then sell it. Use it, give it back, or karma it again. Don't be that guy.
**You may NOT request any items. Either it comes up or it doesn't.
***Post your location; first come, first served.

GONE!
I have a 1986 stock chrome w/ black rubber rear bumper. Great condition. Includes end caps (one slightly busted). Sitting in the back yard with nothing to do. Who wants it?

I'm in Marina del Rey, CA. Come get it or parts train it somewhere.

Last edited by SWbySWesty on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fhak915
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: some adventurewagon cabinet parts Reply with quote

If anyone local wants some adventurewagon cabinets, I got a stove and a sink cab. Also have a westy fridge that might work. I will not be shipping these. Let me know if your interested in picking up the 3 pieces. I would rather get it all out of my garage at one time. Please no parting this stuff out. First come first serve.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[/img]
tim_ha
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Syncro mustache bar Reply with quote

I converted to subaru and no longer need my syncro mustache bar. Off an '86, very little rust, in great shape.

I also have the two pieces that mount the skid rails to the mustache bar. I cut them off and modified my stock skid rails to work with my conversion.

You come pick them up in Boulder, CO.
No shipping.
PM me if interested.
phlogiston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got a driver's side trim panel in blue that i'm looking to get rid of. almost all of the little plastic clips are still in place, and it's in pretty decent shape otherwise. ash tray included.

willing to give it away or trade for a bomber of tasty beer. it's in greenlake area in northern seattle.
vw4life
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

Free Dometic Fridge (no door) works on Propane, 110v and DC somewhat. Pulled for Truckfridge.

Behr Radiator. No leaks, good condition I had most of my cooling system apart and decided not to chance an unknown radiator. MFR date of 2005

Pick up in 20164 Sterling VA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
URABUS WV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

I have 4 cip1 springs and 2 front Monroe shocks they are all good and working order, for a 86-91 vanagon(may fit other years)... They've been sitting around my garage, need them gone. I'm in Cincinnati Ohio.. I would rather not ship them, but if somebody else wants to forward me some money I will gladly do so. Thanks!
URABUS WV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

Found some more stuff under the bench. Ac compressor, rear drums, wheel cylinders, brake pads, front calipers, auto pedal assy, 1 CV joint. Please take it in in Cincinnati Ohio
16CVs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

85 Crewcab rear trim panels (Black) This is 2 pieces. Right door and left side inner (where a left door would be if you had one) .
These are factory panels but are just plain material with no heat seams. These are in useable condition. They've been in my attic 15 years and have to go.
These are free and I will ship, But I want $20.00 plus postage costs to do so. Hey they do not jump in a b ox and drive themselves to the Post Office.
Did I mention that they are FREE, Gratis .Come get em.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

Two 14" steel wheels. North Denver metro area.
takeiteasy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

I can start to pay my thanks with a set a square headlight buckets with lens and square grill. Central NJ.

"With your past and your future precisely divided.
Am I at that moment? I haven't decided."
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

4 185R 14 Michelin Agilis tires. These are 3/4 worn out and I think more than 10 years old, but might last long enough for someone to understand how well their van handles with proper C/D rated tires. Or good for rolling around while working on it and refinishing rims, etc These are rated 102/1875 lbs. Pick up only - Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2016 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential. 1988 Mitsubishi Van w/ dual spinny seats, mid engine and solid axle.1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1992 Lexus LS400, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa project in pieces.
1988M5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

Stock 14" steel wheels, four (4) from a 1991 GL with near perfect OEM hubcaps fully intact. By near perfect I mean some minor curb rash on a couple but nothing some elbow grease and rattle can couldn't make perfect again, worth having IMHO. Tires have been unmounted already FYI. Would love to straight across trade for a single naked 14" alloy (for my spare and what my van is now sporting with new Hankook RA08s) and if that happened you would get 5 steel wheels in the deal. Otherwise local pick up of the four wheels with hubcaps is free.

Brian

P.S. No you may not take the hubcaps alone without also taking the steel rims.
2dogs1van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

I have a black bra that fits a square headlight grill. The leather is a bit dried out and a small tear in the mesh, but in ok shape. Free to anyone who wants to pick it up or will deliver locally. Thanks!
Update: Person who asked for the bra decided against it so it's available again. I also have an alpine CD receiver CDM-7861. fits in vanagon radio slot and works great. free to anyone who wants to pick it up or will drop off in seattle area.

Last edited by 2dogs1van on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Mark Lewalski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

One GONE

Still have one available.

My two used gas tank crossover tube end fittings are available to you - to bring me some good karma.

One of the small nipples for the hose to the expansion tank is broken but there is still plenty left to clamp to.

Hope someone can use them.

PM me; I can bubble wrap them and send in a small envelope.

Thanks,
Mark
Colorado Yeti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: CV Joint Boots - Brand New Reply with quote

I have four brand new Lobro CV joint boots that I will give away. I ended up using the upgraded heavy-duty Rockport boots instead. I might have some other stuff laying around in my garage as well you can have. Local pick up only in Ft. Collins, Co. Please call or text me at 970-980-4252.
kurtk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

AC Evaporator from '87 Westy

Seattle pickup only

cbcnm Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

location Portland Oregon- pick up only
middle double seat for mid 80's westy or vanagon . blue. seats fold down.
seat belts incorporated ( lap belts) .
this slides on the rails of your westy to allow you to carry 2 more people safely. Remove at the campground for campfire seating.

pm me for details and to arrange pick up.
jeffsab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

Locking gas cap with one key. Was working on my 85 before it was replaced.
mugford
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

Three item sets available:

A complete grill, (headlight assemblies gone)
A set of four stock wheel covers.
A pair of side mirrors.

All yours in exchange for (per my kids) bags of Oreo cookies

On Bainbridge Island but we make weekly forays to Seattle

Last edited by mugford on Tue May 30, 2017 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Farf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

Fix your rear end sag...

Five white - 11/16" x 6" diameter HDPE "cutting board" doughnuts with 1.75 " hole in center These were cut with hole saws, the center holes need to be enlarged slightly, a razor knife or file will easily do this. The edges clean up nice. I don't think most vans would need more than 2. PM me if interested.
Mike
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: