Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

21 Window Rag, How much?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
eh0s
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: 21 Window Rag, How much? Reply with quote

How much is a Samba worth that's need tons and tons of work. (Ie, what would you pay for the worst condition bus you could almost imagine, or would you even bother?)

And how much would you pay for a bus that had the 'usual' rust, (rockers, doglegs, floor).

I'm trying to figure out if 2500 is a good deal for a 21 window or not, are they really that rare and hard to find? (Needs sooo much work, but I have soo much time).
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: 21 Window Rag, How much? Reply with quote

Super rusty - Zero, I wouldn't buy it. Maybe up to $100 if I could part it out for more.

Usual rust - Up to $1000, depending on completeness.

21-Windows are not rare at all, in my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: 21 Window Rag, How much? Reply with quote

I agree with everett. 21 windows and Panels, not too hard to find 'cause they sold a crap load of em.

Now try looking for a pressed bumper Westy .....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LHG
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: 21 Window Rag, How much? Reply with quote

Rare...Try finding the plastic sunvisor clip thingy for a type 34.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: 21 Window Rag, How much? Reply with quote

There were sunvisor clips repros for a while...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eh0s
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: 21 Window Rag, How much? Reply with quote

Then, WHY are they such stupid crazy prices? :)

I saw a real POS sold for 5000, that needed full resto. Whaaattt??
eh0s
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: 21 Window Rag, How much? Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/index.php?photo+200307021206090148

The LEAST expensive 21/23 I saw in the ads.
jazzed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: 21 Window Rag, How much? Reply with quote

Nuthin' that $15,000 bucks wouldn't cure.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: 21 Window Rag, How much? Reply with quote

"Usual rust - Up to $1000, depending on completeness"

I'd take 2 or 3 of them in this price range, who needs floors anyway Smile
eh0s
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: 21 Window Rag, How much? Reply with quote

I paid 1200 for a beat up 21 window, so I'm happy. I haven't seen many on TheSamba for even close to reasonable prices.
justbuggin
Resident Brit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:55 am    Post subject: 21 Window Rag, How much? Reply with quote

You guys should ship some over here to the UK. Not uncommon to see 'project' buses imported from the US for sale for about ú5000 (Yes ú not $!) Just wish I had the spare cash to come over and buy one from the States and ship it back. <Wistful sigh> Ah well, one day maybe...
Rob
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jimi W
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: 21 Window Rag, How much? Reply with quote

Rob,
I've just bought myself a 21 Window from Texas and at the moment I'm in the process of shipping it to the UK. It cost me $7100 (about ú4300) but needs the interior restoring. Its gonna cost me about ú1000 to import it. You can apply for Binding Tarrif Information(BTI) and avoid pay tax due to the classic nature of it. All you pay is 5% duty. Then its ú25 to re-register it.
If you find one your interested in and want someoneto check it out just put a post for a Samba Scout on this site. There are loads of great people willng to help you out.
Go on do it, get a loan (its only money!!!) and get yourself a beautiful Samba!
If anybody wants any contacts or a chat about importing to the uk, I'm no expert (this is my first time an it could all go tits up!)but I'll try my best to help you.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: 21 Window Rag, How much? Reply with quote

jazzedásaid... (7/9/2003 at 8:37PM PST)

Nuthin' that $15,000 bucks wouldn't cure.

$15,000 in sheet metal replacement maybe....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: