Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Cip1.com
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 21, 2024
The Sage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cip is not at the top of my list, but I do use them.

They are higher than many places these days too.

I ordered door panel clips for a 1977 last year. They were too big, so I called. Some guy gets on the phone and tries to convince me they were the right part.

Finally he told me I would have to drill out all the holes in my doors! Bullshit. I called WCM and the right part arrived in a few days.

They have trouble with Bay Windows.
rusbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this bad experience with cip1 a couple years ago:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54474

I swore I'd never order from them again, but the siren song of their low prices called me back, and I must admit....I've had nothing but good experiences since the lug bolt incident. And incedentally, they refunded my money for the lug nuts, even though I never sent them back.So that was cool.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thevanillaninja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update.. it's 20 March and I'm still waiting

..for UPS to get my package outta Washington!

Stored for 4 1/2 years and soon to be resurrected..
'67 beetle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered some tools from them and used the free shipping option. Was quoted 7-10 business days, recieved them in 6 days overall!
Steenkbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Not bad Reply with quote

Well, in my first dealing with them all seems to be well. The parts have arrived in good condition, and now I am waiting for my 2nd package to arrive.
SO far so good!
-Me
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
QtrMileJunky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was placing my 2nd big order last month on the internet and I called to ask about an exhaust header for my stock engine. I was told "yeah sure ALL off our pipes will fit" I get the part, and its not flanged on the heater box connections....

I call them and talk to a manager named Kris. AFTER I explained everything, He tells me "I will give a full refund (no 20% restock) AND send you a $20 gift certificate to help cover all of my shipping TODAY.

I have paid for a 2nd pipe from them and got it, sent back the old one. and weeks later I am still out my money and with no gift certificate. What makes this bad is that every time I call or email them, I get smoke blown up my ass about how they are either 'sending the certificate via email TODAY' or 'crediting me TODAY' yet NOTHING every happens....

I guess that years of dealing with Summit Racing for my GTO and Mustang have REALLY spoiled me, I have much higher expectation for service than I have seen in CIP1. Looks like I am going to have to file a grievance with Visa to get my money back.

Currently driving: 65 bug, 88 Mustang GT w/350HP 5.0, 95 BMW 325i, 77 F150 4x4, and a 2007 Focus Wagon
DUB-LUV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he said.

thevanillaninja wrote:
CIP1 is slow as all hell! I submitted an order on 11 March and now it's 15 March, just this afternoon got my shipping confirmation. Any good business, whether it's a $6000 order or 16 cent, should ship same day or next day, weekends not considered. What I mean is it should've been shipped either Saturday or Monday, but no, had to wait 4 days for my 7-10 day shipping. Sure, it's free, but at least process it a little quicker. It's not like they're making any of the parts, just get Johnny to go grab the parts and throw them in a box with my name on it.

To me, CIP is like the Wal-Mart for v-dub stuff - they've got everything at decent prices but they're too big of a company to care about anything other than getting your money, then thinking about shipping your order. Plus, that no orders under $25 is bullshit in my mind.

For the most part, John and aircooled.net are getting my business.
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 2 weeks ago, I ordered some more items, nothing major. Just enough for the FREE shipping. Again, I recieved them in less than a week!
Wellington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIP!.com has now opened a "Canadian" version, CIP1.ca. Their prices are in Canadian $, but 20% more than the U.S. price. They brag about being 100% Canadian owned but rip us on the exchange rate. The Canadian $ is well over 80 cents U.S. Sure I sent them an e-mail but no response, I guess they don't care, even Visa was more reasonable than this in the past when I was charged in U.S. $ and Visa did the exchange. I now import my own stuff from U.S. vendors at better prices who are happy to have my business, shipping was an issue but is painless when you know the tricks.
Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wellington wrote:
CIP!.com has now opened a "Canadian" version, CIP1.ca. Their prices are in Canadian $, but 20% more than the U.S. price. They brag about being 100% Canadian owned but rip us on the exchange rate. The Canadian $ is well over 80 cents U.S. Sure I sent them an e-mail but no response, I guess they don't care, even Visa was more reasonable than this in the past when I was charged in U.S. $ and Visa did the exchange. I now import my own stuff from U.S. vendors at better prices who are happy to have my business, shipping was an issue but is painless when you know the tricks.

Roger that! With the current US/Cdn exchange rates lately that 20% difference is huge.
I'm not a big fan of their "everyday low price" either. I used to wait until they had their 5 or 10% off sales until I ordered what I wanted.
I now give my business to local vendors, or US competitors who offer the best price, quality, & stand behind what they sell.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wellington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dollar cleared 90 cents yesterday, what is the point of making an obsolete web site like they claimed with their catalogue, eccept to benefit from raping us on exchenge rates! Bye bye CIP !
QtrMileJunky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Its official, CIP (CANADIAN Import Parts) sucks monkey nuts. Reply with quote

After weeks of badgering Steve and Kris to refund my $129.00 and having them, as when as other clerks, tell my that the part that I returned arrived fine and I would get a full refund, they only gave me HALF my money back! The part was returned due to them giving me the wrong part number in the first place! The lying POS told me OVER and OVER on the phone and via email that the package was received OK and that my refund would be posted to my account “TODAY”. Then without explanation, they give me only $66.60 and said that I “shipped the part back improperly.” Bunch of crooks.

Go screw yourselves dudes.

Currently driving: 65 bug, 88 Mustang GT w/350HP 5.0, 95 BMW 325i, 77 F150 4x4, and a 2007 Focus Wagon

Last edited by QtrMileJunky on Wed May 10, 2006 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
QtrMileJunky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad STILL WAITING FOR MY REFUND Evil or Very Mad

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just looked at their price... seems like they don't care if our $ is now worth almost 0.91$ USD... still 20% difference between the two...

they're still cheaper than most, but that's just annoying
bugboy1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had bought some polished 5 spokes from them and they came with nicks and scratches in em. I sent them back and waited 2 weeks for them to send my replacement wheels. They never sent them. I called and talked to kris and he insisted that the wheels weren't damaged. I took pics before I sent them back and emailed them to him. That shut him up quick. All I wanted was my wheels and they never sent them. So I got my money back. I will never deal with Cip1. Plus there prices aren't that much lower then other places. Now I ordered Sprint Stars from CB and they are 30 bucks a piece cheaper then Cip1.
Migit
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything I have ever ordered from CIP was great, and with the free shipping and no sales tax they are alot cheaper than most other places that I have come across. That and the closest place to order parts from for me is MAM and we won't talk about their inflated prices lol
QtrMileJunky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Visa fraud investigator finally ruled in my favor after reviewing all of my emails and documentation! I got the charges reversed by Visa and they are taking out of CIP's account Wink

Screw me eh?

John M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had nothing but good things to say about CIP1.

I recently ordered a Varga Brazilian Rotor. I was sent a German Brembo Rotor. I won't complain. Smile

Current: 1972 Beetle - 96V EV
Previous:
1966 Beetle - Sea Blue - 1300SP
1966 Beetle - Sea Blue - 1600SP
1974 Beetle - African Red - 1914CC

Evil Box
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered from Cip1 for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Ordered a front apron and front left quarterpanel repair panel for my 65' Bug. The front apron was nice (Klokkerholm), the quarterpanel repair panel is another story... First of all it was the wrong part. It was for a 68' and up Bug, not a 65'. Secondly, the part was mis-labeled. The orginal label had another label placed over it that showed that it was for a 65' rather than a 68' and up. Besides that, this part is of such primitive quality I wouldn't dream of using it on anything I cared about, least of all my classic 1965 Beetle. The part comes from "Metalparts" out of Brazil. My God, can't the Brazilians do a better job than this? This thing looks like a monkey pounded on a piece of sheetmetal with a screwdriver and a rock until it kinda LOOKED like a front quarterpanel section! Incredible that anyone could actually send someone a part this crude and expect to be taken seriously ever again... but they did.

Anyway, I called them on the phone and let them know that they sent me the wrong part. I was told not to return the part and that they would send me a new one (which I thought was pretty cool of them). Still, it's a week since we spoke and I still don't have the part. That would be fine except I paid for overnight shipping on this stuff ($45 bucks) and I think they should have sent the replacement part out to me overnight because I really want to get this car done.

Anyhow, I'd say my first dealings with CiP1 have been about 50/50. Will I order from them again? Hmm... maybe, but I think I'll give a few of the other vendors a shot first though.

E.B.
Evil Box
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got my replacement sheetmetal from CIP1 today...
They sent me the same exact WRONG PART AGAIN! I'm glad I only ordered a couple of cheap parts from them. I'll never order from them again.

Let me just say that besides my 65' Bug I also own a 62' Nova Convertible, a 63' Nova Hardtop, and a 67' Dodge Dart. I've dealt with quite a few aftermarket companies while restoring these cars... I've never had a company send me the wrong part twice. Not only that, they charged me bigtime for overnight delivery too, only to get the wrong part twice. I've been delayed for two weeks now because of these guys. Never again will I order anything from them. The first time I could understand it, hey I mean everybody makes mistakes, but to send the same damned wrong part TWICE IN A ROW? I'm sorry, there's just no excuse for that.

CIP1 could learn a thing or two from GOODMARK or DYNACORN. I've never had a problem with thier distributors. They seem to realize that you don't keep on getting chance after chance to satisfy a customer. The first mistake is understandable, the next time you're out.

Bye bye CIP1...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 33

Jump to: