Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Cip1.com
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 21, 2024
Ronald Eisel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Sounds like Cip1's Standard Operating Procedure. I purchased a new gas tank for my '67 Kombi which didn't fit. I contacted Customer Service and they would take it back if I paid return shipping. Then they offered me a Wolfsburg West tank (correct one) at the list price! Delete your account as I have done and move on ~ you will be better off!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

andk5591 wrote:
Anchovy wrote:
Their sales staff is a joke.

I called with a technical question about compatibility of parts I had purchased from them. They said they would get back to me but never did so I called a couple days later and asked for an update. The kid (said his name was Casey) asked who I had talked to before, I didn't know but explained my question again. He said someone would eventually get back to me and he "wasn't going to waste his time or the time of their supplier asking them again" since someone was already on it. I sarcastically thanked him for his wonderful customer service. He asked if I wanted to speak to the manager (his idea) so I said "sure". He put me on hold indefinitely. I tried a couple more times to get to a manager or someone that could help me with my question but was left on hold or sent to VM. I could hear them laughing in the background about it when I called each time and politely asked for a manager. Real mature operation you have going there CIP1.

So, either the staff intentionally ban together to screen customers from talking to the manager or the manager has them do it.

In any case, a bunch of dicks.

You sure you are talking about the right company? If you have a tech question, you get to Gary or Kris pretty quickly. Once in a great while you are on hold for a bit because they are tied up. And even at that, you will bounce back to someone to see who you are holding for. I have never been offered a call back...unless they need more time to look into something. Have never heard background chatter if on hold. And I don't ever recall talking to a Casey, but I may be wrong about that part. I have been dealing with then for over 15 years and order regularly. NEVER had anything like you experienced.

Just saw your post. Yes, they said they would get back to me since the supplier of the parts is in the UK. I still have not heard from them to this day. Also, I don't know if CIP is ever in here, but no one has reached out to me. There seems to be no way for me to get to anyone in charge with the asshole phone crew gatekeeping.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lumber-baron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Ronald Eisel wrote:
Sounds like Cip1's Standard Operating Procedure. I purchased a new gas tank for my '67 Kombi which didn't fit. I contacted Customer Service and they would take it back if I paid return shipping. Then they offered me a Wolfsburg West tank (correct one) at the list price! Delete your account as I have done and move on ~ you will be better off!

I bought one of these about a year ago and went to check the fit after I read your post, the filler neck is an inch short, it doesn’t reach the opening inside the gas door. I emailed Gary pictures and explained the problem a week ago and received no response, I guess we hurt their feelings calling them DOUCHE BAGS. And they do read this thread, they just don’t respond. The fact that they know that this POS doesn’t fit but are still peddling it as 5* OE QUALITY says a hell of of lot for their integrity-or lack there of.
https://www2.cip1.com/c24-211-201-055-bc/

Cip1 in the front, notice the strange stamping on the bottom
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Cip1 filler neck

WW

Original

Cip1 installed

Original installed

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ronald Eisel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Yes, complaints and more complaints but Cip1 has scores of ads in the current Hot VWs magazine as though they are #1 in the business. I guess the lesson to learn is "get burned once, blame them ~ get burned twice blame yourself"!
VWNate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:55 pm    Post subject: Cip1 Dropped The Ball and LIED Reply with quote

Okay ;

I like Cpi1 because they claim to send what's on the catalog page and always seem to have plenty of stock, their advertising stresses 'we don't sell what we don't stock' .

I ordered these filters : https://www2.cip1.com/vwc-803-201-511-c10/

These are the indusrty standard low price yet high quality micronic element filters, and as is clearly shown made in Israel .

What I received is this :

Crappo quality lower co$t Chinesium filters that have coarser media and have metal plates glued inside to reduce co$t, this plate often comes loose when used with current American ethanol laced gasoline .

I contacted them and they tap danced for a few days hoping I'd give up and go away then they decided to lie to me about what they'd promised and the refused to take them back unless I paid shipping co$t$, they hadn't paid any shipping as the bag of filters was simply tossed into the large box of other parts I bought, including a worthless Chinese early (25 & 36HP) oil pressure switch that looks fantastic but failed after less than a week .

This post is not to say don't buy here but -do- be aware if there's any problems you're out of luck .

I ran a VW shop for decades back in the glory days and never, EVER treated my Customers with such disrespect .

Note please, this was a $1,000 order and I'm very pleased with the '56 ~ '59 front fender and how everything was fairly well packed .

This is glaring CUSTOMER NO SERVICE and they should be ashamed .

FWIW, I was told to post where I did by a Samba Administrator, sorry, my bad .

I spoke with alan chow , after REPEATEDLY LYING TO ME claiming he couldn't tell/see any difference in the obviously wrong part he said tough luck you can take it up with gary .

Maybe a good vendor in most regards but not when there's a simple mistake they made, then you're S.O.L. .

This is no way to run a company .

One last Beetle : 1959 #113 DeLuxe survivor ~ 36HP & full synchro tranny, 6 volts etc.
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Those filters suck. Must've been a huge production order because they are everywhere now. I have been using MANN brand filters lately.
**ACHTUNG DO NOT USE AA BRAND PRODUCTS OR BUY ANYTHING FROM PACIFIC PARTS INTERNATIONAL IN CALIFORNIA**
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWNate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - Customer _NO_ Service Reply with quote

You're right I contacted Alan and Steve, both are dishonest and ready to LIE TO THE PAYING CUSTOMERS in order to make a few pennies more .

I'm also stuck with a failed 25/26 HO oil pressure switch, they won't even respond to my query about it .

VERY disappointed here .

One last Beetle : 1959 #113 DeLuxe survivor ~ 36HP & full synchro tranny, 6 volts etc.
yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

CIP1 Bait and Switch
20+ Year Contributing Member of the Samba here with 43 years experience!

CIP1 lists the basic 009 Distributor on their site and claims that it is the best version of the 009 made to this date and that it is as good as German Quality. Since the distributors photo is a photo of the IAP distributor that Aircooled.net and many other agree is very nice quality; I decided to buy one since it was "On Sale".
What I received was a very cheap Chinese distributor not at all as described or as pictured. I expected the IAP distributor.
When I called about it the first guys said "Well it is an 009 right?...After 10 minutes with that guys going round and around I asked to speak to a manager and got Gary. He also turned the story back on me like, "Oh you know its a cheap distributor by the price" I said that it is not at all what is pictured or described and he wanted me to send pictures of what I received; as if he doesn't know what he sells. So he wants me to waste my time to prove that he is baiting and switching customers. He frankly does not care about the quality, accuracy or honesty of what he sells. So far the offer is for me to send it back on my shipping dime and also take the hit on a restocking fee. The OEM Compufire I received in a plain white box also has me concerned if that is even real. Time will tell on that...
I Will NEVER deal with or buy from CIP1 again based on todays interactions with two guys trying to deceive me. I knew exactly what I was trying to buy and What I was shipped was absolute garbage in every way.
My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
VWNate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Sad to hear this, that's what I was trying to impart : they know nothing about auto parts and are not honest with their descriptions .

pvtcarter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

recently bought a beam from CIP1 and received it today. It seemed to be packaged fairly well and there was nothing else in the box. So how did all these scratches/gouges happen? I would guess it was shipped out like that. I called them and he told me to send pics. I sent pics and his response was, "that's normal, just paint over it". I've been in the car and parts business for 25+ years and no, it's not normal or acceptable. Of course I could send it back on my own dime (beams are pretty heavy) and it would be subject to a 20% restocking fee (close to $60). I of course could repaint it, but I shouldn't have to. I'm more or less pretty ticked at the customer service as somehow this is okay and I should just deal with it. I figured a conpany like this would try to make it right somehow. That's how I would do business anyways.

Ronald Eisel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

It seems to be Cip1's S.O.P. to tell dissatisfied customers to "pound sand". They rely upon the "nubies" to keep their business a float. The free shipping on items over $99USD is the bait!

If you have an account ~ delete it!
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I dunno - I have had that kind of thing with large parts from other vendors. It's not a big deal for me. And honestly, the paint on a lot of those things are not the greatest. Seems like its mostly to prevent rusting. We usually scuff and reshoot beams and DEFINATLEY floor pans, heater channels etc.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pvtcarter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Ronald Eisel wrote:
It seems to be Cip1's S.O.P. to tell dissatisfied customers to "pound sand". They rely upon the "nubies" to keep their business a float. The free shipping on items over $99USD is the bait!

If you have an account ~ delete it!

Well that's unfortunate. I'm in the middle of about a $30,000 project so this will be the last of my money they see
pvtcarter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

andk5591 wrote:
I dunno - I have had that kind of thing with large parts from other vendors. It's not a big deal for me. And honestly, the paint on a lot of those things are not the greatest. Seems like its mostly to prevent rusting. We usually scuff and reshoot beams and DEFINATLEY floor pans, heater channels etc.

It's more the principle. I can understand a little scratch here or there, sure I can touch that up no biggie. But that is not the case. It's more of the you can kick rocks customer service approach here.
VWNate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Customer NO service Mad .

Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

pvtcarter wrote:
andk5591 wrote:
It's more the principle. I can understand a little scratch here or there, sure I can touch that up no biggie. But that is not the case. It's more of the you can kick rocks customer service approach here.

Yeah, I was gonna say, those scratches aren't bad at all. I'm not saying CIP1 aren't dirtbags, they're the worst of the worst, but you can expect those types of blemishes from a lot of vendors on that type of part.

Someday I'll go into the story about the screwjob those assholes gave me over a set of wheels I ordered about 15 years ago.
lumber-baron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

yamaducci wrote:
CIP1 Bait and Switch

CIP1 lists the basic 009 Distributor on their site and claims that it is the best version of the 009 made to this date and that it is as good as German Quality. Since the distributors photo is a photo of the IAP distributor that Aircooled.net and many other agree is very nice quality; I decided to buy one since it was "On Sale".
What I received was a very cheap Chinese distributor not at all as described or as pictured. I expected the IAP distributor.
When I called about it the first guys said "Well it is an 009 right?...After 10 minutes with that guys going round and around I asked to speak to a manager and got Gary. He also turned the story back on me like, "Oh you know its a cheap distributor by the price" I said that it is not at all what is pictured or described and he wanted me to send pictures of what I received; as if he doesn't know what he sells. So he wants me to waste my time to prove that he is baiting and switching customers. He frankly does not care about the quality, accuracy or honesty of what he sells. So far the offer is for me to send it back on my shipping dime and also take the hit on a restocking fee. The OEM Compufire I received in a plain white box also has me concerned if that is even real. Time will tell on that...
I Will NEVER deal with or buy from CIP1 again based on todays interactions with two guys trying to deceive me. I knew exactly what I was trying to buy and What I was shipped was absolute garbage in every way.

If you paid with a credit card or PayPal you can dispute the charges (within 60 or 90 days?) based on the fact that the item they shipped is not as described…
lumber-baron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

VWNate wrote:
Sad to hear this, that's what I was trying to impart : they know nothing about auto parts and are not honest with their descriptions .

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

lumber-baron wrote:
yamaducci wrote:
CIP1 Bait and Switch

If you paid with a credit card or PayPal you can dispute the charges (within 60 or 90 days?) based on the fact that the item they shipped is not as described…

I used Paypal but there are dispute fees and I already spent over a half hour with two of the sales people and posting here. I will just vote with my dollars and never use CIP1 again. I also have a Desert Class racing page on FB I can always drop their name there once in a while. Now I know why I always deal with CB Performance.
My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

yamaducci wrote:
Now I know why I always deal with CB Performance.

And when you buy a front beam from CB, it will have the same scratches on it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Page 32 of 33

Jump to: