Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Library Talk
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobhill8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject: VW Library Talk Reply with quote

So I strategically waited until the moment when the greatest number of people were bored out of their minds and desperate for any type of VW content. That time is now. A few months ago I was able to convince my local library that people would be interested in hearing my story of trying to learn how to restore/rehab/keep running a pair of old VW's over the last couple of years. I have a 71 Square and an 86 Westy. They actually went for it, and I did an hour long talk which was recorded by the local cable access channel. There was a massive audience of at least 10 people, some of whom were not my family members. This is not a how to (in fact it might be closer to how NOT to) - it's just my story of stumbling along figuring out things as I go with the help of thesamba and all the other internet guidance out there. There are some good pics and videos in there, and even some audience participation. Some people actually said it was interesting and even funny. Enjoy.

http://schedule.thegrotonchannel.org/Cablecast/public-site/index.html#/show/7666?channel=1
[/url]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Library Talk Reply with quote

I'll be damned, I have just enough time to watch this before my conference call. Twisted Evil
SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Library Talk Reply with quote

That was great! You did real good job. Your story is certainly close to mine and the squareback was an awesome bonus - I dream of a resto-modded squareback painted the same silver of my wife's 2001 Jetta Wagon.

Thanks!
bobhill8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Library Talk Reply with quote

Hey - thanks for watching. Feels like thesamba is either lifers or those late to the party. Took me a while but I'm glad I'm here. Wish I was in Bozeman right now!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Library Talk Reply with quote

bobhill8 wrote:
Hey - thanks for watching. Feels like thesamba is either lifers or those late to the party. Took me a while but I'm glad I'm here. Wish I was in Bozeman right now!

It’s just as weird here as everywhere else.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: