Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What concerts have you been to lately?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
just saw The Iron Maidens , very impressive small venue experience. Is Maynard still hiding backstage while he sings ? I find that unacceptable, at least put a hologram of yourself out there. People buy tickets to live shows to see and hear the band. I would have loved to have seen Metallica before Cliff's demise ( the band really was not my cup of tea after that, don't get me started..).

the first three albums are the height..

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
Manfred58sc wrote:
just saw The Iron Maidens , very impressive small venue experience. Is Maynard still hiding backstage while he sings ? I find that unacceptable, at least put a hologram of yourself out there. People buy tickets to live shows to see and hear the band. I would have loved to have seen Metallica before Cliff's demise ( the band really was not my cup of tea after that, don't get me started..).

the first three albums are the height..

Of which band? There's at least three in there, and maybe five. Hard to decipher.
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Two things. I’m a Paul DiAnno fan, so yes on the early Maiden. And second, The Iron Maiden’s is a all female tribute band. On a similar note, I was supposed to do a food truck with Lez Zeppelin, another all female tribute band. But it got rained out. I was looking forward to it.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Dusty1 wrote:

Beatles tribute? You might as well see The Beatle. Catch Paul McCartney if you can.

Yeah, but there is a 10X or more ticket price diff...

I have seen Ringo! With Ian Hunter!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

I'm good with all the Iron Maiden albums I've ever heard and I'm good with all the tool albums ( more or less ). Metallica lost me with the Black album ( I remember hard core tearing patches off their jackets when that came out). The Maidens really deliver and I would highly recommend them, what an incredible library to choose from! I was hoping for "Bring your daughter to the slaughter" But I guess that would be a tad crass.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
I'm good with all the Iron Maiden albums I've ever heard and I'm good with all the tool albums ( more or less ). Metallica lost me with the Black album ( I remember hard core tearing patches off their jackets when that came out). The Maidens really deliver and I would highly recommend them, what an incredible library to choose from! I was hoping for "Bring your daughter to the slaughter" But I guess that would be a tad crass.

Never been an Iron Maiden fan, but that does sound like a fun show. I saw Helle's Belle's in their original lineup over 20 years ago at the Showbox in Seattle. That was a blast!

I always find it funny when a band's fans reject them when they grow musically. Not everyone can be The Ramone's or AC/DC. Metallica made great music throughout their 40 years history, not all of it excellent. TOOL is a pretty good example of that, too. I like all of it, but for different reasons and moods.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

I think I'll avoid Post Malone concerts, even if he is "worldwide superstar" or whatever they announced him as last night at SB. So worldwide phenomenon that I've never heard of him, and nice facial tattoos and metal teeth !!!
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Saw the original Iron Maiden here in Spokane in the 80's. Jason Bonham is playing with Sammy Hagar on this summers tour. Back to Foreiner, we are going to see Lou Gramn in October
ARR #3
www.autosportsnorthwest.org
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
I think I'll avoid Post Malone concerts, even if he is "worldwide superstar" or whatever they announced him as last night at SB. So worldwide phenomenon that I've never heard of him, and nice facial tattoos and metal teeth !!!

I’m pretty sure Post and Leif are styled for a whole different demographic Laughing

Link

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Laughing Cool
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Wynton Marsalis and the Lincoln Jazz band live at Staller Center.

I’m not a huge jazz fan but it was fantastic.
subhuman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

https://www.stereogum.com/2252652/goldenvoice-punk-festival-no-values-lineup-2024/news/

really want to go to this!!!!

you can have everything you want, just don't want so much!

"the wrong way always seems the more reasonable."
george moore

1963 type1
2002 Subaru Wrx

never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Mark Twain
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Saw Sgt. Splendor opening for Samantha Fish. Samantha Fish was one of the acts we meant to see at Crossroads. The sound sucked at Crossroads. The more I think about it a crap mix was Clapton's nose thumb to the thousands of amateur videographers recording the show on their phones for their YouTube channels. Nya, nya! You have crap audio on your crap video.

S.S. opened for S.F.. No bass player which is weird. S.F. had a spare bass player waiting in the wings for her entire set.

Eric McFadden handles guitar chores for Sgt. Splendor. Dude is funkier than chicken fried possum. Only way to get funkier would be to add Nile Rodgers on the other side of the stage. And a bass player.

Splendor's YouTube videos aren't a good representation of their live show. They're relentlessly funky, live. I can't wait to see them as headliners.

Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Manfred58sc wrote:

Never been an Iron Maiden fan, but that does sound like a fun show. I saw Helle's Belle's in their original lineup over 20 years ago at the Showbox in Seattle. That was a blast!

I always find it funny when a band's fans reject them when they grow musically. Not everyone can be The Ramone's or AC/DC. Metallica made great music throughout their 40 years history, not all of it excellent. TOOL is a pretty good example of that, too. I like all of it, but for different reasons and moods.

I’ve got a lot of my retirement portfolio invested in the Captain and Tenille comeback tour. Anyone want in on the action?
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

The Captain died, right after they got divorced.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

NJ John wrote:
The Captain died, right after they got divorced.

Its the Ultimate Comeback Tour

I guess, Love....Love didnt keep them together...
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

I kinda wondered if it was a legal or financial move.

Insert clever Muskrat Love comment.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

NJ John wrote:
I kinda wondered if it was a legal or financial move.

Insert clever Muskrat Love comment.

Link

Back on track I picked up tickets for Foo Fighters in August and The National with The War on Drugs in October .\m/

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Dusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Captain and Tenille are booked as Sonny and Cher's opening act for their comeback tour.

At least Cher is still breathing.

Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Dusty1 wrote:
Captain and Tenille are booked as Sonny and Cher's opening act for their comeback tour.

At least Cher is still breathing.

With Cher singing no one will notice Sonny is gone, like Bernie
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Page 25 of 27

Jump to: