Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Glovebox colour
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAMBA VAN MAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:22 am    Post subject: Glovebox colour Reply with quote

Good Afternoon Guys
Could anyone tell me what the colour should be for the glovebox liner. I mean the colour you see when you open the hood.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Glovebox colour Reply with quote

what year is your car? it might make a difference. from memory both my 56 ovals were a mid grey with a slight blue cast like this (pic posted by 53oval)
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

but I've also seen 'natural' cardboard coloured ones too. I'm wondering if they stopped painting them to save money when the full width card cover came into use as this would protect them.(pic posted by flyertim from a 57)

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
SAMBA VAN MAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: Glovebox colour Reply with quote

Mine is a 1954 RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ecallaway
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Glovebox colour Reply with quote

Here's mine. Looks the same as the "blue grey" above. I might describe it more as a brownish grey with a bit of blue. (Blue tape is preventing further damage at a crack pending future repair.)

ecallaway
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Glovebox colour Reply with quote

Sorry ... this is in a 1/55 bug.
DTT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Glovebox colour Reply with quote

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but, here goes:

From the factory, did the older Beetles (say, pre-72 or so) have a glovebox door color that matches the body?

(When I look at ads for older Beetles and see non-matching, I think "non-original", but I am not sure.)

Thanks!
ecallaway
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Glovebox colour Reply with quote

This thread is mostly about the color of the glovebox cardboard insert. Seems that you are interested in the color of the paint on the glovebox door. For older bugs the glovebox door should be painted the same color as the rest of the dash which also matches the exterior color. You should be able to find lots of pics around that show that.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: