Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Our '64 Bug "Burny"
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
put-put...whee!!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Our '64 Bug "Burny" Reply with quote

Here's a pic of our early '64 with the Jiffy Camper mounted. With the Jiffy folded down for travelling, the car sorta feels like a bus at freeway speeds. Please ignore the crapper in the background. d'oh!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

65 Riviera
66 Deluxe
67 SO-42
Split Decision
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Our '64 Bug "Burny" Reply with quote

put-put...whee!! wrote:
Here's a pic of our early '64 with the Jiffy Camper mounted. With the Jiffy folded down for travelling, the car sorta feels like a bus at freeway speeds. Please ignore the crapper in the background. d'oh!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

You mean the crapper didn't come with the kit? Very Happy

Mike

On year seven of the "I'll get it done next week" engine rebuild.

74superTN wrote:
Just seems these days that unless you are dragging your engine on the ground and have crazy negative camber, people seem like you're doing it all wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1973 1303S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it could've been worse - you could've got some fat git coming out the crapper!

that's a nice bug you've got there, i really love pop outs Wink i think it wants to be just a little lower though Wink
put-put...whee!!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1973 1303S wrote:
it could've been worse - you could've got some fat git coming out the crapper!

that's a nice bug you've got there, i really love pop outs Wink i think it wants to be just a little lower though Wink

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, Burny must have been running good that day. The front sits a lot lower when the toolbox is under the hood... Wink
65 Riviera
66 Deluxe
67 SO-42
Ragman
The Sambinator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you actually use the tent? Or is it just an item for shows? I wonder if it's good to have two people crawl up there an put all that weight onto the roof rack.

btw...nice fuch wide 5 replicas!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
put-put...whee!!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragman wrote:
Do you actually use the tent? Or is it just an item for shows? I wonder if it's good to have two people crawl up there an put all that weight onto the roof rack.

btw...nice fuch wide 5 replicas!

I have used the tent twice myself, and have shown it twice. My wife slept in it through a good portion of one of those shows. Kind of an interactive part of the display. Smile I think this was the only time it was ever used since it was new in the sixties. Two "normal" sized people could use it easily. I believe the base is made from 5/8" thick marine grade plywood. Since we are somewhat, um... gravitationally challenged, we've never put it to a real test together. We've got the '64 SO-33 in the avatar, and a '67 SO-42 for that.
The wheels have always been one of my faves as far as newer wheels go. They'll never compare with that cool vintage stuff, but I like 'em.
65 Riviera
66 Deluxe
67 SO-42
Bklyn63
Samba Mafioso

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe 20 years from now after the low carb craze people could use that again......"normal sized people"....haha
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: